WTB, One 285/75/16 All Terrain Tire

LilRedExpress

Since you have a Nismo, your spare wheel should also be an alloy; would it not make sense to get the terra grappler and then have a 5 tire rotation instead of just rotating the 4. I guess you would need to get another tpms, but you might get another 10,000 miles between tire replacements and you could then on the next replacement just keep the best of the 5 as your spare.

Also, I know up in Canada a number of the mom and pop tire stores also sold used tires. If you contacted a few and told them what you were looking for they might hold one that someone comes in to get all their tires replaced, but still has enough tread to charge you 30 bucks for it. Worth a try anyway.

EB_05_NISMO

LilRedExpress said:
Since you have a Nismo, your spare wheel should also be an alloy; would it not make sense to get the terra grappler and then have a 5 tire rotation instead of just rotating the 4. I guess you would need to get another tpms, but you might get another 10,000 miles between tire replacements and you could then on the next replacement just keep the best of the 5 as your spare.

Also, I know up in Canada a number of the mom and pop tire stores also sold used tires. If you contacted a few and told them what you were looking for they might hold one that someone comes in to get all their tires replaced, but still has enough tread to charge you 30 bucks for it. Worth a try anyway.
The cost of not having to buy a 5th brand new tire works better for my situation. I also don't have to deal with getting an extra tpms and getting it reprogrammed every rotation, or the light being on at all times in the gauge cluster. Nissan doesn't recommend 5 tire rotation either.

I will be contacting some local places to see if they get and/or deal with used tires.

EB_05_NISMO

MODS, can you please close this thread. I picked up a spare today for $40 and some change. It's a Bridegstone Dueler A/T RH-S (if I recall) with probably 80 or 90% tread left. The other places I looked at wanted $60ish for off-brand A/T's with less than 50% tread left.