WRP Product Review

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sandiegan05fronty

New Member
NCFronty said:
Well dude, is no longer going to be part of CF. He was asked by the admin to leave. All he had to do in my eyes would have been to either fix my IMS, send me new OEM gaskets, or make new IMS's to replace the bad ones. COuld have been minimal compared to the 30,000.00 he made off all his products on us poor unsuspecting mod hungry nissan enthusiasts.
What?
 

Sandiegan05fronty

New Member
Sandiegan05fronty said:
NCFronty said:
Well dude, is no longer going to be part of CF. He was asked by the admin to leave. All he had to do in my eyes would have been to either fix my IMS, send me new OEM gaskets, or make new IMS's to replace the bad ones. COuld have been minimal compared to the 30,000.00 he made off all his products on us poor unsuspecting mod hungry nissan enthusiasts.
What?
Ok, just read the thread on CF.
 

BlackTigerSE

New Member
NCFronty said:
IMS = Improperly Machined Spacer
LOL! GOOD ONE! UPLOAD ONE OF YOUR PICTURES UNDER WRP IN GOOGLE. tHAT WILL ADD NICELY WHEN SOMEBODY IS DOING A SEARCH ON WRP...PROBABLY BE THE FIRST IMAGE YOU SEE..LOL
 

BlackTigerSE

New Member
NCFronty said:
Anyone know the shipping address for WRP?

lmao...just leave that part blank...im assuming a FCI is in order? I am doing the same....

Complaint with paypal...
BBB
FTC
nissan magazine
hmmm...whats next on the agenda?
 

iggs

New Member
BlackTigerSE said:
WRP WILLIAM HAS A NEW SIG!!!


Report me, tee hee!

http://welcome.bbb.org/

Just got informed that Will did not post that under his sig....^^sorry you guys...it was a moderator.

That ticks me off!! omg................that fruit cake...
I know i shouldn't be leaving immature comments such as this ^, since being i am a moderator, but you got to understand...i gave this guy a chance...waited...for months...hoping he would come to a reasonable solution/compromise...i wouldn't mind taking a punch or two at him right now...where did this guy move? I am willing to spend a night in prison.. :smt043

:smt013 a weeks worth of pay...down the drain...probably using my $230.00 towards a new toolbox...so he can plan on making more scams and stealing thousands of dollars from across the country and into canada....FLIPPIN CNN is our best bet...expose the truth behind this small business!! spam the ccn boards :smt042 get some attention and force the courts to do something! bring this issue to D.C!!! :smt043
Sorry, bro...I'm the one who messed with his sig. It was unprofessional and I kinda regret it. It seemed funny at the time but I've since thought better of it.

Iggs...
 

Sandiegan05fronty

New Member
iggs said:
BlackTigerSE said:
WRP WILLIAM HAS A NEW SIG!!!


Report me, tee hee!

http://welcome.bbb.org/

Just got informed that Will did not post that under his sig....^^sorry you guys...it was a moderator.

That ticks me off!! omg................that fruit cake...
I know i shouldn't be leaving immature comments such as this ^, since being i am a moderator, but you got to understand...i gave this guy a chance...waited...for months...hoping he would come to a reasonable solution/compromise...i wouldn't mind taking a punch or two at him right now...where did this guy move? I am willing to spend a night in prison.. :smt043

:smt013 a weeks worth of pay...down the drain...probably using my $230.00 towards a new toolbox...so he can plan on making more scams and stealing thousands of dollars from across the country and into canada....FLIPPIN CNN is our best bet...expose the truth behind this small business!! spam the ccn boards :smt042 get some attention and force the courts to do something! bring this issue to D.C!!! :smt043
Sorry, bro...I'm the one who messed with his sig. It was unprofessional and I kinda regret it. It seemed funny at the time but I've since thought better of it.

Iggs...
Iggs, WRP has no respect for CF! So don't feel bad!
 

BlackTigerSE

New Member
Sandiegan05fronty said:
iggs said:
BlackTigerSE said:
WRP WILLIAM HAS A NEW SIG!!!


Report me, tee hee!

http://welcome.bbb.org/

Just got informed that Will did not post that under his sig....^^sorry you guys...it was a moderator.

That ticks me off!! omg................that fruit cake...
I know i shouldn't be leaving immature comments such as this ^, since being i am a moderator, but you got to understand...i gave this guy a chance...waited...for months...hoping he would come to a reasonable solution/compromise...i wouldn't mind taking a punch or two at him right now...where did this guy move? I am willing to spend a night in prison.. :smt043

:smt013 a weeks worth of pay...down the drain...probably using my $230.00 towards a new toolbox...so he can plan on making more scams and stealing thousands of dollars from across the country and into canada....FLIPPIN CNN is our best bet...expose the truth behind this small business!! spam the ccn boards :smt042 get some attention and force the courts to do something! bring this issue to D.C!!! :smt043
Sorry, bro...I'm the one who messed with his sig. It was unprofessional and I kinda regret it. It seemed funny at the time but I've since thought better of it.

Iggs...
Iggs, WRP has no respect for CF! So don't feel bad!
x2. That lowered my blood pressure :smt016 I just started flippin out when i saw that SIG :smt042 He had that comin'....i hope things will turn around for the people who are efffected. Sad that we all had to go to legal actions....hopefully it will hit his pockets and he will then understand, how upset we truely are.
 

BRUTAL

New Member
LOOK I RECOMMENDED THE INTAKE GASKET MATERIAL AS A SOLUTION FOR "SOME", BUT ALSO MENTIONED THAT SOME WILL ALSO NOT BE HAPPY WITH THAT EITHER, AND MAYBE A MULTI PRONGED APPROACH MIGHT BE NECCESSARY. I DONT KNOW HIS MONEY OR BUSINESS, BUT I DO KNOW THE VALUE OF WORD OF MOUTH SINCE MY BUSINESS AS WELL DEPENDS ON IT. I HAVE MORE JAG CUSTOMERS THAT REQUEST ME THAN ALL THE OTHERS TECHS COMBINED SINCE I SPEND TIME IF NECESSARY TO TALK TO THEM ABOUT THEIR CAR AND GIVE THEM MY BUSINESS CARDS.
there are some i have already talked to on pms that are fine with gasket material, but for the others i(personally) would just send out new ims's with orings, and to hold the line on cost i would machine another gb and then put that together after the fact and hope that those affected in the past would still support me and the ims(it is a good substantiated product) I would have to say that a money refund would not be in both my (100% loss vs material cost) best interest, or the customer(It works and I know it does with b4 n after dynos) If you tired of the stress of all this and getting worked up (Iam) and just want to move on then I still recommend this material for $12 from Jegs mail order
http://www.jegs.com/i/Mr.%20Gasket/720/77C/10002/-1
if you can trace, and use and xacto knife and a spent shell casing for the bolt hole cutting(or something similar) you can just make it yourself and move on chalking up to life leasons learned. If not I completed understand, carryon, If you have any questions pm me yall know where to find me
 

BlackTigerSE

New Member
BRUTAL said:
LOOK I RECOMMENDED THE INTAKE GASKET MATERIAL AS A SOLUTION FOR "SOME", BUT ALSO MENTIONED THAT SOME WILL ALSO NOT BE HAPPY WITH THAT EITHER, AND MAYBE A MULTI PRONGED APPROACH MIGHT BE NECCESSARY. I DONT KNOW HIS MONEY OR BUSINESS, BUT I DO KNOW THE VALUE OF WORD OF MOUTH SINCE MY BUSINESS AS WELL DEPENDS ON IT. I HAVE MORE JAG CUSTOMERS THAT REQUEST ME THAN ALL THE OTHERS TECHS COMBINED SINCE I SPEND TIME IF NECESSARY TO TALK TO THEM ABOUT THEIR CAR AND GIVE THEM MY BUSINESS CARDS.
there are some i have already talked to on pms that are fine with gasket material, but for the others i(personally) would just send out new ims's with orings, and to hold the line on cost i would machine another gb and then put that together after the fact and hope that those affected in the past would still support me and the ims(it is a good substantiated product) I would have to say that a money refund would not be in both my (100% loss vs material cost) best interest, or the customer(It works and I know it does with b4 n after dynos) If you tired of the stress of all this and getting worked up (Iam) and just want to move on then I still recommend this material for $12 from Jegs mail order
http://www.jegs.com/i/Mr.%20Gasket/720/77C/10002/-1
if you can trace, and use and xacto knife and a spent shell casing for the bolt hole cutting(or something similar) you can just make it yourself and move on chalking up to life leasons learned. If not I completed understand, carryon, If you have any questions pm me yall know where to find me
I think his reputation is dead. So your personal opinion would not be accepted in his view. He could have saved his butt, but he showed his true colors yesterday, and upset a lot of people. I would still forgive him if he ever decides to correct the specs on the IMS. Heck, i would buy the LCP and TBS...if he improves his customer service. I wouldnt mind forking over another $230 for a couple of other products i had in mind. But our relationship is seperated by a brick wall...unless he makes dramatic changes...and breaks down that wall that seperates him and the frontier community...he won't get anywhere. He has to understand, their can be a future with the nissan community. He is throwing a dream that we all wish for...being rich! I agree, he needs to improve on "value of word of mouth" if he wants more buyers which = more money $$. He is thinking in a short term view...look at the long term! Save the money on a car paymet over his reputation/business? Or invest in good customer service that can lead to a paid off house and more toys to play with...He needs to think! What the hell??? He can make more money if he corrects his mistakes rather than jumping from forum to forum trying to look for buyers and forgetting the ones who trusted i him and invested their hard earned money.

K i gotta get back to studying...hope he realises what he got himself into.
Oh, about the "Mr. gaskets"...im can't trust myself to make my own gaskets...lol. I would not feel comfortable at all. But if it comes down to that...i'll buy a sheet and ask the service tech at nissan if he can do it for me...but im going to hold off on this for a little longer...deciding if its worth the hassel on instaling this defective part or just sell it over ebay...recommending the buyer to buy Mr Gaskets.
 

BRUTAL

New Member
BlackTigerSE said:
BRUTAL said:
LOOK I RECOMMENDED THE INTAKE GASKET MATERIAL AS A SOLUTION FOR "SOME", BUT ALSO MENTIONED THAT SOME WILL ALSO NOT BE HAPPY WITH THAT EITHER, AND MAYBE A MULTI PRONGED APPROACH MIGHT BE NECCESSARY. I DONT KNOW HIS MONEY OR BUSINESS, BUT I DO KNOW THE VALUE OF WORD OF MOUTH SINCE MY BUSINESS AS WELL DEPENDS ON IT. I HAVE MORE JAG CUSTOMERS THAT REQUEST ME THAN ALL THE OTHERS TECHS COMBINED SINCE I SPEND TIME IF NECESSARY TO TALK TO THEM ABOUT THEIR CAR AND GIVE THEM MY BUSINESS CARDS.
there are some i have already talked to on pms that are fine with gasket material, but for the others i(personally) would just send out new ims's with orings, and to hold the line on cost i would machine another gb and then put that together after the fact and hope that those affected in the past would still support me and the ims(it is a good substantiated product) I would have to say that a money refund would not be in both my (100% loss vs material cost) best interest, or the customer(It works and I know it does with b4 n after dynos) If you tired of the stress of all this and getting worked up (Iam) and just want to move on then I still recommend this material for $12 from Jegs mail order
http://www.jegs.com/i/Mr.%20Gasket/720/77C/10002/-1
if you can trace, and use and xacto knife and a spent shell casing for the bolt hole cutting(or something similar) you can just make it yourself and move on chalking up to life leasons learned. If not I completed understand, carryon, If you have any questions pm me yall know where to find me
I think his reputation is dead. So your personal opinion would not be accepted in his view. He could have saved his butt, but he showed his true colors yesterday, and upset a lot of people. I would still forgive him if he ever decides to correct the specs on the IMS. Heck, i would buy the LCP and TBS...if he improves his customer service. I wouldnt mind forking over another $230 for a couple of other products i had in mind. But our relationship is seperated by a brick wall...unless he makes dramatic changes...and breaks down that wall that seperates him and the frontier community...he won't get anywhere. He has to understand, their can be a future with the nissan community. He is throwing a dream that we all wish for...being rich! I agree, he needs to improve on "value of word of mouth" if he wants more buyers which = more money $$. He is thinking in a short term view...look at the long term! Save the money on a car paymet over his reputation/business? Or invest in good customer service that can lead to a paid off house and more toys to play with...He needs to think! What the hell??? He can make more money if he corrects his mistakes rather than jumping from forum to forum trying to look for buyers and forgetting the ones who trusted i him and invested their hard earned money.

K i gotta get back to studying...hope he realises what he got himself into.
Oh, about the "Mr. gaskets"...im can't trust myself to make my own gaskets...lol. I would not feel comfortable at all. But if it comes down to that...i'll buy a sheet and ask the service tech at nissan if he can do it for me...but im going to hold off on this for a little longer...deciding if its worth the hassel on instaling this defective part or just sell it over ebay...recommending the buyer to buy Mr Gaskets.
WELL WE'LL SEE WHERE IT GOES, IF IT COMES DOWN TO IT I MAY HAVE A GROUP BUY TO SAVE SHIPPING AND HANDLING ON THE GASKET AND JUST CUT THEM OUTMYSELF FOR ANYONE THAT NEEDS 1. SHIPPING AND HANDLING TO ME IS $10 WETHER I GET 1 OR 10 :smt012
 

BlackTigerSE

New Member
^^^how much to make one for me? do i need to send you my ims so you can trace it? Or do you just want me to send you the measurments? I'll throw in the price of the gasket and another $5-10 just because.
 

BRUTAL

New Member
BlackTigerSE said:
^^^how much to make one for me? do i need to send you my ims so you can trace it? Or do you just want me to send you the measurments? I'll throw in the price of the gasket and another $5-10 just because.
Ill just have to wait till i get mine back, I already traced to make a templated though, we'll see.
 

EB_05_NISMO

New Member
BRUTAL said:
BlackTigerSE said:
^^^how much to make one for me? do i need to send you my ims so you can trace it? Or do you just want me to send you the measurments? I'll throw in the price of the gasket and another $5-10 just because.
Ill just have to wait till i get mine back, I already traced to make a templated though, we'll see.
Where'd yours go?
 

BlackTigerSE

New Member
Were talking about the new custom made gaskets. OEM will not work with the incorrect specs.



I know this thread is locked, but somebody has come up with a simple solution to fixing Will's Mistake. I'd like to share this with frontyspot members. This will cost you some pocket $$$.
--------------------------------------------------Credit goes to-----------------------------------------------------------------Chrissa------------------------------------------
So, after looking at the problem for a few days, I simply loaded up my Dremel tool with the appropriate bit and my router attachment and just widened all the grooves. The bit I used was 0.120 inches wide. After a little work with some wet/dry sandpaper to knock off the sharp edges, it looks fine enough to work. My OEM gaskets drop right in and fit snuggly with enough room to expand sideways when compressed. The average width is now 0.121 inches.

I also opened up the inside corners where the two grooves meet in each pair. The OEM gasket has quite a bit of material in there as gussets, so I machined the grooves to match them better. Will, if you're reading this, maybe you want to update your design as well with this change.

Looking at it, you can tell the cutting was free-handed (it doesn't look like a hatchet job either), but as BRUTAL pointed out in his answer to my previous post, in this case the grooves need to be the correct width but only close in shape. The OEM gaskets are pliable and will adapt to the irregularities of my cutting.

Anyways, mine's corrected and updated, and it cost me about 90 minutes of my time. This is certainly not the first time I've had to "modify" some piece to get it to work with some bike, motorcycle, car, or truck. That in NO WAY implies that WRP should be let off the hook for what happened here, but at the same time, you can't sit around and cry about it. You gotta do something, and I did.

I'll see about getting it on the truck soon. I have two MX bikes that need oil changes and some other prep work before riding this long weekend. If anyone has any updates on their solutions, please write back. I'm sure there are others who could use the input on what to do.

Chris.

-------------------------------
Bit number 194:

194 High Speed Cutter / Model: 194

The specs say it's 1/8" wide (0.125"), but mine measured 0.120" and cut 0.120" on its first pass through the groove. My bit was also made over 10 years old (but it's still sharp as the day I got it).

The router attachment I used is a little newer:

335-01 Plunge Router Attachment / Model: 335-01

Chris.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top