Which side should I put to the outside?

• White letters

Votes: 5 71.4%
  • Black

Votes: 2 28.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

OkieScot

No, it is a 3 ply tire just as the General was. My wife said that she did not think it was so rough, but she did not ride in it the day I had the Generals mounted. With my short memory soon, I probably won't be able to remember the difference either.

Zero Six LE

OkieScot said:
Here is the finished product.
I see your feet in the front bumper. I just ordered some Michelin LTX M/S 2 with raised outline white letters. I will have them mounted with the black side out. I like how yours look Okie.

OkieScot

Thanks Sandie, good to hear from you. Zero Six, Sam's Club sells the X Radial LT2, which is the same tire with a slight variation so they can be the exclusive dealer and none of the pictures I saw of it showed a raised white letter side on them. If I had decided to go with the black side out I would have checked it out closer. That would have saved having to black out the white letters.

Zero Six LE

OkieScot said:
Thanks Sandie, good to hear from you. Zero Six, Sam's Club sells the X Radial LT2, which is the same tire with a slight variation so they can be the exclusive dealer and none of the pictures I saw of it showed a raised white letter side on them. If I had decided to go with the black side out I would have checked it out closer. That would have saved having to black out the white letters.
Okie

I have never been a member of Sam's Club. I never had white lettered tires but did have whitewalls on my first car.

Zero Six LE

OkieScot said:
I had the tires swapped over this afternoon. I wish I had just kept the Generals after driving home on the Michelins. The ride is MUCH harsher with the Michelins and the road noise is slightly more. The noise level is so small that it is not a deal breaker. The ride on the other hand is WAY worse.

I guess the harsher ride is due to the Michelin wearing better and that usually means a harder tire compound.

The OWL lettering is a little bolder on the Michelin than the General, but not enough so that I would turn it in. The quality control at Michelin does seem to beat General hands down.

If you are looking for mileage I guess the Michelin is the way to go, but if it is all about the ride then the Generals get the thumbs up.
Those are the same tires I bought. I also bought some 18" Pathfinder/LE wheels last Saturday. I hope to have them mounted next week.

FRONT4X

I used to run General Grabber AT 2 on my old truck. (Fronty 4x4) and never had a problem with them.