Which car?

Which car should I buy for my wife?

• 2013 Altima 2.5 SL

Votes: 4 57.1%
  • 2013 Sonata Limited

Votes: 3 42.9%

• Total voters

OkieScot

I am going to buy a new car for my wife when she retires the first of next year. I have narrowed it down to the 2013 Nissan Altima 2.5 SL and the 2013 Hyundai Sonata Limited.

Which should I buy and why? Yes I realize this is a Nissan site and the poll will probably be skewed in that direction. You can see a link to both cars in the off topic section.

FRONT4X

Nissans are tried and proven to me. They usually have a problem with dirt and charcoal canister codes but they RUN. I"ll stick with Nissan every time. A few mos back I traded in a Toyota for the wife's new Juke.

Shift_Avenger

I really liked the Sonata, we would have bought another one but needed the extra seats. For the price the amount of features is amazing and the engine as long as it is the 2.4 is been around for a while. KIA and Hyundai are sister companies so the Optima has a lot of the same features, just to give you something else to think about. If you look at the front cross member on the Kia it has the Hyundai stamp.

BlackTigerSE

You can't beat the warranty on those hyundais but nissans are just as reliable. Its hard to choose, I really haven't looked into hyundais all that much. I'd say go test drive both and see what you feel your wife would enjoy driving, both great cars now that hyundai improved themselves.

reverendbiker

Sounds like she's going to get a nice vehicle no matter which you choose. It would be a close call for me, but I voted for the Hyundai. Lots of content for the money, and a better warranty. Sure can't throw any rocks at the new Altima, though--it's getting pretty good reviews.

OkieScot

It is now split at 3 and 3 which surprises me on a Nissan forum. I have not voted yet becasue quite frankly I have not been able to make up my mind. Let me list my likes for the two cars:

Altima 2.5 SL

Tech package has the Sonata beat hands down.
Seats are more comfortable.
Dealership is only 5 miles away and they have been VERY good to me.
Wheels
Side view
MPG

Sonata Limited

Smaller grill
Smaller chrome strip on the trunk
Hood struts
Heated rear seats
warranty
Free oil changes for life of the car

If only I could put the two cars together and it would be nearly perfect.

mdawg4x4

Administrator
Tell your local dealer that you like the Sonata because of the warranty and see if they will sell their extended warranty at cost.

Phelan

After watching a 60-80ft Oak fall on my Frontier and it surviving (albeit with a roof reconstruction), and going strong as ever 5 years later, I'm going to be hard pressed to NOT go with Nissan so long as they have an option that fits my needs/wants at the time of purchase.

OkieScot

Poll is still tied at 3 and 3 so I guess when I can make up my mind it will be the deciding vote. I have had good luck with Datsun/Nissan so all else equal that is the way I'll go. It will be my wife that makes the final decision and it will come down to the one she feels most comfortable in. I might add that she REALLY likes the large glove box on the Altima.

desgarage

I think Hyundai's have been rising up and about good enough to play with the more established brands. I would never say this a few years back... but Hyundai's are great!