Where did everybody go?/QUOTES

OkieScot

I am of the opinion that my life belongs to the community, and as long as I live it is my privilege to do for it whatever I can. George Bernard Shaw

Ours is a world of nuclear giants and ethical infants. We know more about war than we know about peace, more about killing than we know about living. We have grasped the mystery of the atom and rejected the Sermon on the Mount. Omar N. Bradley

OkieScot

Gossip needn't be false to be evil -- There's a lot of truth that shouldn't be passed around. Frank Clark

A man never knows how to say goodbye; A woman never knows when to say it. Helen Rowland

Hey, this is no fun doing this by myself.

La Queen

Sorry Okie, those midterms were killing my brain! Aaah... only two essays due this week in a single class. I can finally breathe!

“Sexiness wears thin after a while and beauty fades, but to be married to a man who makes you laugh every day, ah, now that's a real treat.” Joanne Woodward
“What's the three words you never want to hear while making love? Honey, I'm home.”
Ken Hammond ....LOL!
“Love is like a booger. You keep picking at it until you get it, then wonder what to do with it.” Unknown

BlackTigerSE

I always check out the forum to see if anything catches my interest, but usually I'm too lazy to log in. ha-ha. + I diverted a lot of my attention to prospecting for gold out in the fields. [hr]
mdawg4x4 said:
La Queen said:
What? You mean you actually get up early to have someone else turn the wrench for you? tsk tsk tsk.... I do all of my own, but I wait until the weather is under 100F. Now that I've got that Amsoil juice in the Fro, guess I won't have to worry about him for a while. I let Nissan service my truck for an oil change once and they tried to charge me for a car wash that didn't happen. Lol...so much for customer service!
Due to nerve damage, I don't have near the agility and dexterity I used to have.

Plus, I don't have to worry about disposing of the old oil and filter anymore.
Ahh yes, thanks for reminding me why I go to Nissan to have them do an oil service for $15. Its such an inconvenience for me to look for a shop and deliver my oil to get it disposed. That is if I get every drop into the pan. But I like getting my fluids topped off too, another +.

OkieScot

Science is organized knowledge. Wisdom is organized life. Immanuel Kant

There was never yet an uninteresting life. Such a thing is an impossibility. Inside of the dullest exterior there is a drama, a comedy and a tragedy. Mark Twain

Thanks La Queen. it is not only more fun when others post it is also easier since the screen comes up where it needs to be instead of doing an extra click and then a scroll to the bottom of the page.

I too like the dealership to do my changes. I get the same price as you do and also have gotten 2 free changes and a $5 change. They also rarely argue with me over any warranty work.

OkieScot

A good head and a good heart are always a formidable combination. Nelson Mandela

Learn to dance. Otherwise the angels in heaven won't know what to do with you. St.Augustine

OkieScot

Life becomes religious whenever we make it so: when some new light is seen, when some deeper appreciation is felt, when some larger outlook is gained, when some nobler purpose is formed, when some task is well done. Sophia Lyon Fahs

It is in our lives and not our words that our religion must be read. Thomas Jefferson

OkieScot

The smaller the calibre of mind the greater the bore of a perpetually open mouth. O.W Holmes

Loneliness adds beauty to life. It puts a special burn on sunsets and makes night air smell better. Henry Rollins

OkieScot

Security is when everything is settled. When nothing can happen to you. Security is the denial of life. Germaine Greer

Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing. Helen Keller

mdawg4x4

Administrator
Firebreed said:
mdawg4x4 said:
Still in the Navy?
Yes i am, doing a Precom (pre commisioned) ship, Ill be up here for atleast a year if not longer then i go to hawaii
As usual, thanks for your service. I almost enlisted in the Air Force out of high school. That was 30yrs ago. I am kicking myself for not joining and sticking with it.

Firebreed

Its an honor to serve this great country of ours, the military is deffenantly a good thing for me. I cant imangine working in the civilian sector right now. Keep all of our soldiers/marines/sailors/airmen that are currently boots on ground in your prayers!

mdawg4x4

Administrator
Firebreed said:
Its an honor to serve this great country of ours, the military is deffenantly a good thing for me. I cant imangine working in the civilian sector right now. Keep all of our soldiers/marines/sailors/airmen that are currently boots on ground in your prayers!
Absolutely!