What Mods have you done?

crash77

mdawg4x4 said:
Did those seat covers go on over the OEM covers? I need to get something for my Jeep seats.
Yes, they are slip on. I like them and I don't. They look and feel good, but they are sketchy quality. they use velcro and straps with clips to attach, and I tore the hem that the straps are attached to away in a few places. The stiching around the edges where the straps anchor is crappy. The covers are $250 a row from coverking distributors. They took about an hour to install.

mdawg4x4

Administrator
I'm not interested in leather for the Jeep, but I may look into them. They look much better than most other covers I've seen.

crash77

mdawg4x4 said:
I'm not interested in leather for the Jeep, but I may look into them. They look much better than most other covers I've seen.
They aren't actual leather. They are vinyl leatherette. I got them because the color matches my interior really well and they are pretty waterproof and wipe off easily.

mdawg4x4

Administrator
I have a camo bikini top for the summer. I'm leaning toward a coordinating camo insert to match. I bought it with vinyl seats because of the rain possibility, but after 14yrs of burning my behind on hot seats and sweating even when the sun isn't blistering on them, I am thinking of a heavy duty fabric. Probably custom from an upholstery shop.

crash77

mdawg4x4 said:
I have a camo bikini top for the summer. I'm leaning toward a coordinating camo insert to match. I bought it with vinyl seats because of the rain possibility, but after 14yrs of burning my behind on hot seats and sweating even when the sun isn't blistering on them, I am thinking of a heavy duty fabric. Probably custom from an upholstery shop.
These guys actually do a canvas cover and polypropelyne, which lots of wrangler guys like. they also do camo.

mdawg4x4

Administrator
Plasti Dipped my wheels today.

Before

The transformation

And finished

While I was at it, I sprayed the emblems on my tailgate.

Before

After

mdawg4x4

Administrator
I can't wait til my current tires wear out. I am going to get 17" XD Addicts in black with BFG MT KM2 tires.

Reserector

Added another eight gallons of water storage under the bed. That brings me up to around fifteen gallons total. Ready for a week in the desert, now. :D

I also modded teh tire hoist so that the crank rod goes in through the fenderwell instead of straight out the back. It allowed me to tuck the tire up in tighter.

The tank is constructed out of 2-gallon polyethylene buckets welded together. Strange, I know. :rolleyes:

Just to give you an idea of what I do when I head to Arozona for a week,

FRONT4X

Rough country spacer (level kit)
Double chamber 40 series Flowmaster
17x8 Level 8 Strike 5 wheels (blk)
LT265/70 R17 Yokohama Geolander AT/S tires
K&N drop in air filter
JVC reciever with blue tooth/ I phone, iPod compatible
Weathertech digital floor protection.
Reese trailer hitch w/small plug wire harness
Mr. Bill on inside rear view mirror

mdawg4x4

Administrator
Front11 said:
Double chamber 40 series Flowmaster
K&N drop in air filter
JVC reciever with blue tooth/ I phone, iPod compatible
Weathertech digital floor protection.
Reese trailer hitch w/small plug wire harness
Mr. Bill on inside rear view mirror
All of that...and no picture to go with it?

mdawg4x4

Administrator
My latest addition:
Calmini winch bumper, Warn 9.5cti, and a set of PIAA 510 fogs to accompany my KC Slimlites.

xichlo

Don't forget to upgrade the battery, the winch will suck down the stock battery (about 550 CAmps) Warn recomends a 750 CAmps. I put a 700 deep cycle in mine and it can run the winch on a sttep pull no problem. Putting a second Batt in bed when Cap is on that will be dedicated winch and whatever battery

FRONT4X

mdawg4x4 said:
Front11 said:

I guess I got those bass ackwards but you get the idea. Will post picks later of the other stuff including Mr. Bill.
All right you asked for it. heres the wheels & tires and how she sits with the front end bump.
[attachment=3040]

Here she is coming back down a little dirt road
[attachment=3039]

now go easy on me, it's just a little 4cyl S, 2wd C200K open diff.

Attachments

Shift_Avenger

mdawg4x4 said:
My latest addition:
Calmini winch bumper, Warn 9.5cti, and a set of PIAA 510 fogs to accompany my KC Slimlites.

Can you post a side pic, it looks great BTW. I bet you can see an ant with all those lights on.:cool:
[hr]
Front11 said:
mdawg4x4 said:
Front11 said:

I guess I got those bass ackwards but you get the idea. Will post picks later of the other stuff including Mr. Bill.
All right you asked for it. heres the wheels & tires and how she sits with the front end bump.

Looking good. The wheels look sick!

mdawg4x4

Administrator
Front11 said:
mdawg4x4 said:
Front11 said:

Don't let the 4cyl bother you. It still has enough power to do anything you want.
Looks good by the way. I like the black out front lower bumper and black rims.