What I did Friday afternoon

OkieScot

A great time had by all.[hr]
More fun.[hr]
The end.

Attachments

OkieScot

B-25? Don't shoot you own tail section!

I flew in a B-25 a couple of years ago, this time the B-24 Liberator. The B-25 is much more user friendly than the B-24, watch your head at all times. It was a blast indeed. I ask the flight engineer of the B-24 to please fly farther south before turning and they have been flying almost over my house. The B-17 turns before it gets to my house. You can't win them all.

mdawg4x4

Administrator
I knew it was either the B-25 or B-24, but hadn't seen any B-24s offering rides at air shows. At least the weather was not so hot.

krh2

Okie, you told me you were going to see it. YOU FAILED TO TELL ME YOU WERE GONNA FLY! Lucky dawg. Awesome!

OkieScot

krh2, yeah but you get to do all of the steam train trips. You my friend, are the lucky one. mdawg 4x4, this is supposed to be the only B-24 still flying and that is why I chose to fly in it over the B-17. Maybe next time I can do the B-17.

mdawg4x4

Administrator
I would have done the B-24 over the 17 also. I have seen a couple B-25s and a B-17, but not the B-24.

OkieScot

The B-17 and the P-51 never flew over my house, but the B-24 did so throughout the weekend. I had asked the flight engineer of the B-24 to tell the pilot to fly over my area and either she told him or I was just lucky. I was working in my front yard Monday morning and the B-24 did a low flyover as a wonderful parting. That was almost as exciting as the flight itself. God is good.

mdawg4x4

Administrator
Love to hear that sound when the old war birds fly over.
We had an old DC3 fly over a previous house on a regular basis many afternoons.