What have you done for your truck today?

eglaisi

That I did. I've been driving it for almost a week.... it's going black this weekend! :D

The big difference was the amount of light from my PIAAs that actually gets through now. That's the reason I did the mesh grille, so I could really use the fogs. Especially with winter creeping up on us up here, the days are getting noticably darker. May move them a little closer together, but it's definitely an improvement.

Picking up a couple truck goodies on Saturday. Superchips Cortex tuner and a Recon tailgate LED light bar.

:cool:

eglaisi

[Yesterday]

Installed Superchips. Haven't really put it o the test yet.

:D

Painted grille too. Pics later if I find my camera.

balage

eglaisi said:
[Yesterday]

Suprchips without test.
Painted grille without pics.

Eric, you will be great politic...:smt003[hr]
balage said:
eglaisi said:
[Yesterday]

Suprchips without test.
Painted grille without pics.

Eric, you will be great politic...:smt003
or illusionist.
But maybe it's ditto...
hehehe

mdawg4x4

Administrator
Grill looks good, but I would have to paint the vertical piece right in front of the radiator flat black so it doesn't show.

eglaisi

I noticed that too. But it is flat black. I'll try shooting it with the same paint I used for the grille (John Deere blitz black :D ) and see if it blends in better.

shawnley1222

didnt really do anything but got a new phone and was testing out the camera on it

I like how in the picture you cant see the cb antenna in the bed... sometimes I have to look twice to make sure its still back there when I get in the truck

Attachments

Sandiegan05fronty

That is a GREAT pic for a camara phone! Where do you have the CB antenna mounted?
I had mine in the bed of my truck as well, but now it is laying on the back seat floor, lol

balage

It's bad, I'm sorry..
Yes, what happened?

But maybe not too many bodywork. 2 bumpers, light, what I can see. and a little body.

carphreak

Zero Six LE said:
OUCH! What happened?
on my way to work, saturday morning, i hit some water in the slowest lane (very very right side lane), on the freeway. my rear end stepped out and i started to spin, hit another car's rear bumper, then i kept going to the left side of the freeway (fast lane/left side lane then the left side shoulder), my front end hit the center divider. i was able to drive it back home but the fender liner is rubbing on the tire. thankfully no one got hurt and the insurance adjuster is taking a look at it tomorrow or maybe tuesday to asses the damage.

and yes, i was doing legal freeway speeds, possibly lower because it was pouring hard that morning and visibility was waay reduced....

Reserector

That'll buff out. ;)

My truck got a new upper ball joint, three new TREs, and a new inner CV boot.
I need to do alot more than that for it as I get time. I want it to be 100% for the spring trail riding season.

mdawg4x4

Administrator
I always liked the 1st gen flares, but then, I was around during the bushwacker cutout flare days of the early Broncos and Blazers. I even had a set of bushwacker flares on my 79 Datsun KC, but not the pocket style with the bolt heads showing.