What does everyone do for a living?

cdahlberg

Im a manufacturing engineer for General Electric. I work in the generator business as part of the manufacturing team that assembles huge, power plant sized generators. You dont really appreciate it until you see a 400 Ton unit being hoisted 20 feet in the air to be moved 500' down the shop to be placed on a rail car. Wild.

mdawg4x4

Administrator
cdahlberg said:
Im a manufacturing engineer for General Electric. I work in the generator business as part of the manufacturing team that assembles huge, power plant sized generators. You dont really appreciate it until you see a 400 Ton unit being hoisted 20 feet in the air to be moved 500' down the shop to be placed on a rail car. Wild.
I interviewed with GE Schenectady, but wasn't interested in traveling the world as a Field Engineer on turbine installs.

eglaisi

I'm starting on the 26th my second installment of the class part of my apprenticeship. It drives me nuts having to sit in a tiny desk all day after I've been on my feet working every day. :smt019

dad2dannyjr

I was a industrail mechanic and a millwright but recently got laid off here in miami. The company went out of business 1 week before christmas. So as of right now i am not employed at all.

Sandiegan05fronty

dad2dannyjr said:
I was a industrail mechanic and a millwright but recently got laid off here in miami. The company went out of business 1 week before christmas. So as of right now i am not employed at all.
:smt006 and welcome to frontyspot.
Sorry to hear that you lost your job. I am afraid that is going to be a story for alot of people. :smt009

Nitewulf

Sandiegan05fronty said:
:smt017 how in the heck do you get those big rigs turned upright?
It is done on a case by case situation, you have to evaluate what is going on with each item... nothing ever works the same way twice, thats the golden rule.

Sometimes you need airbags to keep the sides from breaking.

That help? :smt032

adkins

Yea i am done with school. over here at the naval medical center portsmouth. I am thinking about getting a part time job shooting x-rays I passed my national registry, so i can work anywhere doing x-rays.

Sandiegan05fronty

adkins said:
Yea i am done with school. over here at the naval medical center portsmouth. I am thinking about getting a part time job shooting x-rays I passed my national registry, so i can work anywhere doing x-rays.
Congrats! :smt041