Tires!

Which ones?

• BFG ATKO AT

Votes: 8 38.1%
  • TOYO Open Country MT

Votes: 1 4.8%
  • DC Mud Country MT (made by Mickey Thompson)

Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Cooper STT

Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Mickey Thompson Baja ATZ

Votes: 2 9.5%
  • Nokian Vatiiva MT

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nitto Mud

Votes: 2 9.5%
  • Nitto TerraGrappler

Votes: 4 19.0%

• Total voters

eglaisi

VS

VS

I pretty much know what ones I'm gonna get, but I'm just interested in what the majority thinks. Balage says it's unfair, being AT vs MT... but I don't care! :smt019 :smt003

eglaisi

I love the sidewall lugs on the Mud Grappler, but I think it's a little too extreme for this truck. Nokian just came out with a MT not too long ago. Nokian is great quality, my mom has 4 Nokians for her summer tires on the Mercedes. Made in Finland if memory serves right. Pretty interesting tread, I'd like more of a sidebite on them though.

I have also looked at these as well. Mickey Thompson Baja ATZ. A guy at work has the MTZ's and raves about them. I like that they are an all terrain, but still have somewhat of a sidebite. Which is the only thing I don't like about the BFG KOs.

eglaisi

Heck yes! Monday-Friday driving to work though, so I really don't think a mud terrain will be the right choice.

Sandiegan05fronty

eglaisi said:
Heck yes! Monday-Friday driving to work though, so I really don't think a mud terrain will be the right choice.
so we need to know what you expect from tires....I chose the BFG's, because I planned on off roading. The terrain is different from place to place.
What do you need from a tire??? Sandy/Muddy off roading? daily driver plus some off roading?

eglaisi

Mostly pavement, trail rides, rocky (not extreme rockcrawling, but terrain is pretty rocky), some mud, no sand, logs, gravel, snow. Mickey T ATZ or BFG fits the bill. Toyo MTs are supposed to be pretty quiet on road, but alot of pro wheelers use them. So many people around here have them though. I'll call around and check out prices, that will pretty much be the deal breaker.

mdawg4x4

Administrator
I chose the Nitto Mud Grappler, cause I want to know how bad they rub before I buy them. :smt002

eglaisi

Doubtful, my spare has never touched the ground (still has the sticker). Since I'm getting same size, it shouldn't matter.

eglaisi

Well, so far my Cooper's make me pretty happy. They love the mud and rocks yet very tolerable road noise. The only time the are a little annoying is 50+, and I rarely get up to that speed so no complaints here. Think I might get Coopers for the D21 once I throw in another lift, time will tell.