Tires?

alex0321

im wanting to upgrade my tires. I have the XE model so my wheels are 15s. I found some BF Goodrich AT 33-1050R15C1 114R RW for sale. I dont fully still understand the whole tire code number deal, but im willing to learn. I believe i would maybe have to do a body lift or some sort of lift so the wheels dont rub. Any advise there????

mdawg4x4

Administrator
Fixed the link for you.

I would do this before I would do a body lift.
http://www.suspensionconnection.com/cgi-bin/suscon/F4-BE5-E653-H0-frontier-bilstein.html

I am running a 2.5" lift and a tire ~33X11.2. I had to remove the lower front valence and trim the mud guard slightly.

Many people are running the 2" leveling spacers and the same size tires I have. All that being said, you should be OK with minor trimming. I lot of people just remove the mud guard.

La Queen

Alex0321,

BF Goodrich AT..........33 ..................................................1050....................... R............15 .......................C1............. 114R................................RW
^Make....... ^Model...^Diameter in Standard Measurement...^Means 10.5" wide..^Radial...^Wheel Diameter...^6 ply wall..^Load index/Speed Rating..^No idea...

If you see the A/T's in my sig picture.. those are 32"s.. they won't rub but the 2" spacer helps A LOT. Spacer isn't on the truck in that photo though.

alex0321

Thanks for the Info La Queen.....
I had another question. That upgrade that i want for the tires, would i be able to use my stock wheels of my truck.

mdawg4x4

Administrator
I think your stock wheels are 15X6. You can get a 33-10.50X15 tire. I ran a 10.50" wide tire on a 7" wide wheel, but don't know that I would on a 6"wide wheel. However, I think I remember another 4cyl truck running the 15" wheels and a 31-10.50X15 tire.