This truck is awsome!

FXRScotty

I finally towed my boat home this weekend and couldn't be happier with the trucks performance. I stayed at 65mph and never went over 4k rpms even on the longest of hills. My last two fords with 5.4 v8's didn't do this well! The boat was about 6,000lbs and I got almost 12 mpg combined for the whole trip. I had no trouble at the ramp and no sag from the hitch weight. Braking was fine. I will post some pics soon. Scotty.

mdawg4x4

Administrator
That's great. I keep hearing good reports about this truck's ability to tow. And I don't even have a trailer hitch.

I wonder if I could pull my Jeep when we go riding far away?

FXRScotty

Your jeep should be a lot lighter than my boat and less of a wind drag. My boat has a hard top with radar and stuff that sticks up way higher than my truck. Just make sure your trailer has brakes and you will be fine.

Sandiegan05fronty

I had to tow our boat up and over the mountains a few weeks ago, It did do well. I could definitely tell it was back there though.

Can't wait to see some pics!

Shift_Avenger

mdawg4x4 said:
That's great. I keep hearing good reports about this truck's ability to tow. And I don't even have a trailer hitch.

I wonder if I could pull my Jeep when we go riding far away?
Ask Irongrave I think he tows his MR2 to the track all the time

Jagsguy01

My boat and trailer is about 4500lbs no problem towing or getting the boat in and out of the water. Just like FRXS says make sure u got brakes on anything over 1500lbs.

Factory tow rating is 6500lb max. Basically class III so surge brakes are good. I have a backup solenoid on the trailer so I tapped into the reverse light for powering the switch. I live in S.Florida so I am always going in the salt water too.....

I used and old flat four pin connector, anyone that has a boat has plenty of wiring because of the lights going out all the time.