The New Quote of the Day Thread

OkieScot

God gave us the gift of life; it is up to us to give ourselves the gift of living well. Voltaire

A purpose, an intention, a design, strikes everywhere even the careless, the most stupid thinker. David Hume

I talk to Gray ghost every week. He has been having health issues just like the rest of us old timers. I am getting ready to do Reverend Biker's on line Sunday school lesson. He is the best.

OkieScot

Too many have dispensed with generosity in order to practice charity. Albert Camus

Man, the living creature, the creating individual, is always more important than any established style or system. Bruce Lee

OkieScot

There are only two things a child will share willingly; communicable diseases and its mother's age. Benjamin Spock

All the world is a birthday cake, so take a piece, but not too much. George Harrison

OkieScot

When I am dead I want to be remembered as a musician of some worth and substance. Freddie Mercury

The smallest deed is better than the greatest invention. John Burroughs

OkieScot

The original writer is not he who refrains from imitating others, but he who can be imitated by none. Francois-Rene De Chateaubriand.

We are driven by five genetic needs; survival, love and belonging, power, freedom and fun. William Glasser

OkieScot

Once you replace negative thoughts with positive ones, you'll start having positive results. Willie Nelson

Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever. Mahatma Gandhi

OkieScot

In order to carry a positive action we must develop here a positive vision. Dalai Lama

Winners make a habit of manufacturing their own positive expectations in advance of the event. Brian Tracy

OkieScot

A great figure or physique is nice, bur it's self-confidence that makes someone really sexy. Vivica Fox

Could a greater miracle take place than for us to look through each other's eyes for an instant. Henry David Thoreau

OkieScot

I suppose leadership at one time meant muscles; but today it means getting along with people. Mahatma Gandhi

It is always wise to look ahead, but difficult to look farther than you can see. Winston Churchill