The New Quote of the Day Thread

OkieScot

Enthusiasm is the mother of effort. and without it nothing great was ever achieved. Ralph Waldo Emerson

When people have no other tyrant, their own public opinion becomes one. Edward Bulwer-Lytton

OkieScot

Animation is not the art of drawings that move but rather the art of movements that are drawn. Norman McLaren

OkieScot

After an era of confrontation, the time has come for an era of negotiation. Richard M. Nixon

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. Aristotle

OkieScot

Cease conceiving of education as mere preparation for later life, and make it the full meaning of the present life. John Dewey

If love is sweet as a flower, then my mother is that sweet flower of love. Stevie Wonder

OkieScot

I believe greatness is an evolutionary process that changes and evolves era to era. Michael Jordan

If my poetry aims to achieve anything, it's to deliver people from the limited ways in which they see and feel. Jim Morrison

OkieScot

Sloth, like rust, consumes faster than labor wears, while the used key is always bright. Ben Franklin

He who has imagination without learning has wings but no feet. Joseph Joubert

OkieScot

Talk is cheap, except when Congress does it. -- Anonymous

The government is like a baby's alimentary canal, with a happy appetite at one end and no
responsibility at the other. Ronald Reagan

mdawg4x4

Administrator
OkieScot said:
Talk is cheap, except when Congress does it. -- Anonymous

The government is like a baby's alimentary canal, with a happy appetite at one end and no
responsibility at the other. Ronald Reagan
Absolutely awesome. Wonder if Reagan had any ideas how out of control they would be by now?

OkieScot

My imagination can picture no fairer happiness than to continue living for art. Clara Schumann

The flower is the poetry of reproduction. It is an example of the eternal seductiveness of life. Jean Giraudoux

OkieScot

My formula for living is quite simple. I get up in the morning and I go to bed at night. In between, I occupy myself as best I can. Cary Grant

The more I want to get something done, the less I can call it work. Richard Bach

OkieScot

There are three kinds of men: The ones that learn by reading. The few who learn by observation.
The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence and find out for themselves. Will Rogers

Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. Will Rogers

mdawg4x4

Administrator
OkieScot said:
There are three kinds of men: The ones that learn by reading. The few who learn by observation.
The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence and find out for themselves. Will Rogers

Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. Will Rogers
Excellent!

OkieScot

Plans are only good intentions unless they immediately degenerate into hard work. Peter Drucker

The countenance is the portrait of the soul, and the eyes mark its intentions. Marcus Tullius Cicero

OkieScot

Johnny M. said:
"The way a man thinks in his heart, so is he "

Sent from my CyanogenMod S3
Great quote and welcome to the quote thread.

Okie
[hr]
Real nobility is based on scorn, courage and profound indifference. Albert Camus

My father gave me the greatest gift anyone could give another person; he believed in me. Jim Valvano

OkieScot

We would rather speak ill of ourselves than not to talk of ourselves at all. Francois De La Rochefoucald

If you're going to do something wrong do it big because the punishment is the same either way. Jayne Mansfield

OkieScot

Johnny M., thanks for your quotes. it is good to have company on here.

Courageous people do not fear forgiving, for the sake of peace. Nelson Mandela

The taxpayer; that's someone who works for the government but doesn't have to take the civil service examination. Ronald Reagan