texas woman told to take down american flag in office

mdawg4x4

Administrator
This just in from a member of our nation's military, stationed in TX:

"Don't get too upset guys, the hospital let her put it back up. Also the way I understand it, it was a large Flag and in the way. I am proud that she was able to put it back up, but I don't let that stuff bother me, Life is too short."

mdawg4x4

Administrator
Follow up e-mail from Kindred Healthcare:

"Thank you so much for your comments.

We share your anger and hurt about the removal of the flag. It is very important to clarify that a misunderstanding has been communicated through the media. The supervisor that is described in the media is actually the co-worker of Mrs. McLucas and not actually Ms. McLucas's immediate supervisor. The incident was between two nursing supervisors who had a dispute.

It was wrong and disrespectful and as soon as we learned about it, we took immediate action to correct the situation. The flag is now proudly displayed once again, and we apologize to all who were equally offended by the unpatriotic action, including the owner of the flag. We have reprimanded the employee and let them know we don't tolerate behavior inconsistent with our Company's values.

We are sorry that this incident gave the impression that Kindred Healthcare does not respect the flag or the sacrifices it represents. We value all our employees and we are proud of our history of supporting those who have selflessly contributed to their country and community through both military service and celebrations honoring those we serve.

Thank you again for taking the time to share your thoughts. I wish you the best.

Sincerely,
Jennifer Barrows
Kindred Healthcare"