taillights for First Gen Frontiers (98-04)

NismoFrontier04

To all my first generation frontier owners. Do anyone of you know where are bolts located for the taillights? I'm thinking of swapping the stock taillights for the altezza taillights. Thanks again.

mdawg4x4

Administrator
Let the tailgate down and look along the edge next to the light. Should be 2 bolts. The other side pops into clips.

NismoFrontier04

mdawg4x4 said:
Let the tailgate down and look along the edge next to the light. Should be 2 bolts. The other side pops into clips.
I did that and there is no two bolts near the light. I know 2nd gen. frontiers are like that.

mdawg4x4

Administrator
Try the backside from in the bed. I remember changing out one on my son's 03 KC. When he gets home, I will look.

mdawg4x4

Administrator
NismoFrontier04 said:
mdawg4x4 said:
Try the backside from in the bed. I remember changing out one on my son's 03 KC. When he gets home, I will look.
thank you!
With the tailgate up, you can see them just beside the edge of the tailgate.
I took this pic with the tailgate down.

NismoFrontier04

mdawg4x4 said:
NismoFrontier04 said:
mdawg4x4 said:
thank you!

thanks for sending the pic. I will check it out tomorrow. thanks again. I will update ya if i found it or if they put it on the same spot as for the 04 models.

NismoFrontier04

NismoFrontier04 said:
mdawg4x4 said:
NismoFrontier04 said:
mdawg4x4 said:
thank you!

thanks for sending the pic. I will check it out tomorrow. thanks again. I will update ya if i found it or if they put it on the same spot as for the 04 models.
I've check the back of my truck and it has those bolts that your showed me but I also have the hardware that holds the bed extender.

NismoFrontier04

mdawg4x4 said:
These are the ones holding the tail light in.
I see. But that damn bedliner is pain the butt to put it back its original spot once i changed my taillights. I was thinking of using a hairdryer to soften the plastic in order to put it back in its place.

mdawg4x4

Administrator
The a drop in bedliner may flex enough to get a wrench on the bolts. A spray on will be a little more trouble.

NismoFrontier04

I just want to know if anyone of you know whether or not auto parts stores such as autozone, napa, o'reily's etc would sell those altezza taillights for my 04 frontier?

NismoFrontier04

NismoFrontier04 said:
NismoFrontier04 said:
mdawg4x4 said:
NismoFrontier04 said:
mdawg4x4 said:
thank you!

I've check the back of my truck and it has those bolts that your showed me but I also have the hardware that holds the bed extender.
I found the bolts. I just want to know what kind of tool did you used to get the bolt out?