stock frontier beat 300hp jaguar

mastiff

i beat a 2000+ 4.0v8 s-type automatic with intake, with my 2007 bone stock 6spd frontier by 2lengths to 60mph

Sandiegan05fronty

mastiff said:
i beat a 2000+ 4.0v8 s-type automatic with intake, with my 2007 bone stock 6spd frontier by 2lengths to 60mph
Woot, woot, and more woot's! Good job!!!!!! Dang, wish I had a 6-speed...oh wait...I am SuperCharged...hehehehe...

shinermiller

86-95 depending on mods and vehicle build. last time i ran i clocked in @ 89.06 mph. but if you run faster... you're obviously going to have a higher 1/4m trap speed my reasoning for saying 95.

BRUTAL

SINCE I WORK ON JAGS I DONT KNOW IF I WOULD HAVE LET THIS OUT, THAT IS UNLESS YOU RACED A STYPE R....

BRUTAL

ACTUALLY EVEN THOUGH JAGUAR DIDN'T SAY SO THAT IS A 4.2L ALSO. THEY STARTED PUTTING THEM IN PLACE OF THE NICASEAL CRAPPY OIL BLOWBY 4.O'S IN 1999 TO COMBAT ALOT OF ENGINE FAILURES...AND DID HE HAVE THE SPORT MODE SWITCH ON, IF NOT THEYRE ALOT SLOWER..JUST A REASON TO DO MORE MODS ISNT IT...............

mastiff

he didnt mention a sportmode, all he said was that he floored it as soon as the light turned green and could only watch me pull ahead......what does the sportmode do?

BRUTAL

ITS THE BUTTON ON THE SHIFTER BEZEL THAT GIVES MUCH MORE AGRESSIVE SHIFTING AND WILL PULL TO REDLINE. IE IN SPORT AND YOU FLOOR IT ON THE FREEWAY CAUSE YOU JUST PULLED IN FRONT OF A SEMIit'll down shift 2 gears instead of 1 and give the most agressive shift patterns. i always recommend customers leave it on all the time cause it only affects the car under full and close to full throttle. The rest of the time it drives and shiftes normally

BRUTAL

carphreak said:
wow i did not know that. those s type-Rs are beautiful with the color matched exterior trim bits.
And they are killer to drive, turn off traction control and they will lay waste to rear tires quickly