Sarah Palin book

OkieScot

How many have bought Sarah Palin's new book "Going Rogue"? I bought it yesterday and have started reading it. It looks like it is going to be a good and entertaining read. I loved the part where she tried to fly when she was about 4 years old.

Next month she is going to be in Norman, OK (the home of Universtiy of Oklahoma) for a book signing. I plan to be there to have the opportunity to see her and tell her how much I like her style of politics.

OkieScot

mdawg4x4,

I wish that I could help you, but they limit the signing to two books and I am already committed to getting one signed for the guy that hooked me up with my alarm system at a bargain price. If for any reason he is able to make the signing that night I'll be glad to purchase another book and get it signed for you.

OkieScot

OkieScot

I am excited about the chance to meet her, but it is a hassle since I had to drive down yesterday to get a book, now I have to go back down the morning of the signing to get a place card and then back down that night to have the books signed. The problem is that it is about 30 miles one way. It will be worth it though.

mdawg4x4, if the guy I bought a book for is able to make the trip I'll pick up another book that morning for you. I am getting ready to sign off so that I can read some more of her book.

OkieScot

I have read over half of Sarah palin's book and it comes down to who do you want to believe. You, as a liberal will believe AP which is in the tank for the far left policies and I, as a conservative on the other hand will believe Sarah palin. It is possible that Sarah Palin is lying, but I have seen the AP ignore the truth too many times to be able to take much stock in what they say.

When a person is attacked by both parties then you have to wonder why. It is because she attacks the politics as usual on both side of the aisle. The first stimulus bill was indeed from the Bush administration. The second one was from Obama. There is now talk of yet a third stimulus package. When will it all end? I disagreed with the first one and with the second one as well.

I commend you on doing research and looking into the political mess our country has become intangled in. Most of our country just sits back and doesn't even get involved. I worked the polls here in the Oklahoma city area one time and it bothered me so much that I have not done it again. We issued one guy four ballots before he finally got it right and there were only 5 issues on the ballot. We had one girl walk out of the precinct with her because she could not figure out who to vote for. It is scary that people that uninformed are helping to decide what we are going to live with in our country.

OkieScot

Sarah was in Norman,OK last night for her book signing. I was able to get her signature and to shake her hand. I am sorry there are no pictures. we were not allowed to take our cameras into the area where she was signing the books. As soon as the bus let her out it drove off and I was not able to even get a picture of it.

I had to stand in line for 3 hours out in the near freezing weather in order to get her autograph, but it was worth it. She is just as pretty and gracious in person as she appears to be on television. I was hoping to get to see Piper as well. I fell in love with her when she wet her fingers and smoothed Trig's hair down during the convention speach.

I took her a rose rock, which is the state rock of Oklahoma, as a gift. We had to leave the gifts on a table before we got to her so I guess I'll never know if she liked it or not. I am guessing that she will like it since she is an outdoors person.

http://www.roserockmuseum.com/gallery/singles.html

I have attached a link so that those of you who have never seen a rose rock will know what they look like.

There was a professional photographer there, hence the no camera rule, and as soon as the pictures are available I'll buy one or two and then if I can scan them I'll post them up.

Yes, there were about 8 hecklers there. The crowd thought about removing them,but decided it was not our style to act that way. There were over 1000 people there to get her autograph. Several hundred of them camped out all night the night before in order to get a good place in line. Mind you our night time temperatures are running in the mid to low twenties right now.

A good time had by all.

OkieScot

mdawg4x4, neither is Oklahoma. She and Mike Huckaby are about the only candidates that came to Oklahoma. Strangely neither one came to OKC. They both went to suburbs. Norman is a very liberal city, but the turnout was great. None of the people around me were even from this part of the state. Most of them had driven at least 100 miles. There was at least one couple that drove up from Texas.

It was definitely an excitement for this little old man.

OkieScot

She is a very classy lady. It is no wonder that the left is trying to destroy her, but it won't work because she is the real deal.

OkieScot

At long last here it is, Sarah Palin and I. A memorable moment for me and if you look closely you can see that I have acquired a pony tail thanks to the girl behind me.

Attachments

mdawg4x4

Administrator
OkieScot said:
At long last here it is, Sarah Palin and I. A memorable moment for me and if you look closely you can see that I have acquired a pony tail thanks to the girl behind me.
Funny. It brings out your wild side!

NOTE: Some post have been deleted for lack of intelligent content!

mdawg4x4

Administrator
Nice bus. She better sell a lot of books to pay for that one. However, I bet she doesn't have to pay for it.

OkieScot

I am not sure how the bus deals for all of the authors are handled when they go on their book signing tours. They may lease the buses or some rich person may loan them one. If I had a bus I would certainly loan it to her. When the tour was over no telling what the bus would go for at auction. Certainly enough to recoup your money.

soniyajack

She sold a lot of books, thanks in part to the absurd amount of free media attention the Beltway press showered on her publishing debut last November. But in terms of burnishing her reputation, or elevating her stature nationally, Palin's media blitz, via her book launch, appears to have been a colossal failure.