Resolution Needed - 2007 Frontier

kate

For my sanity, I need help. There is a rattle under my hood on the passenger's side.
It is loudest when the weather is warm and sounds like plastic rattling. I have taken it to a mechanic and he could not locate the rattle.

BlackTigerSE

Hmm, Check your heat shields, including the ones under the truck and see if any of them are loose, that's all i can say.

mdawg4x4

Administrator
Res, that is not funny. Well, actually it is. We'll see how far this goes.

Post up a video if you can..

G

Gray Ghost 2.5 SL

Trying to locate a rattle is like trying to find a needle in a hay stack. Yes, I know this is no help to you I just had to say it.

Reserector

I was kidding. ;)
I have pretty good luck by tapping and banging on stuff until I can recreate a similar noise.

When do you hear the rattle? When it is idling, revving, driving?

krh2

My Titan has so many sounds I gave up. I dont even notice them now. Good thing I plan on keeping her in the family. If I were to try and sell her? The potential buyer would ask about the symphony up front.... lmao.... No bother, I LOVE MY TRUCK

mdawg4x4

Administrator
krh2 said:
My Titan has so many sounds I gave up. I dont even notice them now. Good thing I plan on keeping her in the family. If I were to try and sell her? The potential buyer would ask about the symphony up front.... lmao.... No bother, I LOVE MY TRUCK
Even the nut behind the wheel makes noises ever once in a while. Especially after eating Mexican food. ;)