Replaced stereo in our TT (now it is done)

krh2

OK, stock travel trailer stereos suck. I took out the analog stereo/cd player because it was a piece of $hit (skipped every time you took a step in the TT etc ). It was 25 watt 2 channel / 4 speaker piece of crap. I replaced it with a Pioneer 50w 4 channel stereo and put in 4 Pioneer speakers. Not only that but I bought another XM system and installed that too. I love it.

OEM stereo

OEM speakers

OEM system GONE!

New system installed

Sounds good to me!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VQ_DDCMdiTg&[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O2JjjxAclgU&[/youtube]

Now I need to get my router out and get a piece of oak and make a door for CD/DVD storage where the OEM stereo used to be.

G

Gray Ghost 2.5 SL

That sounds great!

As you commented finish off the wood work and your all set.

Good job!

krh2

Little Red Wagen said:
That sounds great!

As you commented finish off the wood work and your all set.

Good job!
Thanks XM is crystal clear and now I can listen to Dodger games anywhere. :smt002

krh2

LilRedExpress said:
What is the switch for?
That little rocker switch cuts the always on power for memory in the stereo. Even though my batteries are always charged by the solar panels I dont want the unneccesary draw on them so the switch cuts the power.

LilRedExpress

I hope you aren't one of those people that programs all your memory locations then. It would be a pain to do that every time you use the TT.

I wouldn't mind hearing more about the solar panel thing though. Might be able to hook something up for wifey's mustang so it always has juice.

krh2

Here's a full tour.

Galley

Front to back

Dinette/bed and old TV/Stereo

Couch and slide out with Katey

Shower

Shower and cabinet

Master bed to front

Vanity

Master bedroom

TV stand in MB

Galley

Galley

Under Sink

Solar panel controls

Galley

Dinette

Under Frig

Frig & Freezer

Micro

Sofa / bed / slide out

BBQ gas quick connect

BBQ in storage

Electric Hitch lift

Outside shower

Under Bed (fresh water tank on left)

Model and dry weight.

krh2

LilRedExpress said:
I hope you aren't one of those people that programs all your memory locations then. It would be a pain to do that every time you use the TT.

I wouldn't mind hearing more about the solar panel thing though. Might be able to hook something up for wifey's mustang so it always has juice.
Google it. There are systems out there that plug into your cig lighter and the panel sits on the dash for around $80.

krh2

OK done with this mod now...

Ok, here is the finished TT mod. Bought a piece of 1x10 red oak and cut it to 8 ¾ x 8 ¾ then used my router to give it a decorative edge. The edge does no match the OEM cabinets and neither does the stain. I tried to get the color as close as possible and this is as good as I got.

Done

Put some ½ MDF to frame the stereo and storage cabinet note it fits dvd's behind and cd'd in front….Or whatever else I want to put in there.

DVD's & CD's

So $250 some odd bucks later and I have a nice sound system that does not skip the cd's when you walk in the TT and I have XM. Nice…..

Gonna be at the lake camping in 2 weeks, cant wait!