Random Pics II

FRONT4X

75-300 mm zoom, the lens was the only glass between us  :D

We have these here all the time (Had a few in the house even)  and we get those little sidewinders and the mohave rattlesnake. 

FRONT4X

ARIZONA BLACK RATTLESNAKE . . . 

Now this smarty fangs decided to clown-rattle and stick out his tonge when I snapped the pic. 

[attachment=3211]

mdawg4x4

Administrator
I guess when that is your environment, it doesn't bother you.
The only good snakes around my house is dead snakes!

FRONT4X

Coming home at night with sandles and shorts isn't fun if one buzzes you. They're really well camo'd and are hard to see in daylight.

FRONT4X

These Mohave rattlers have two types of toxins. One like a regular rattler, and another that attacks the nervous system. We get a lot of those guys too. The Az black rattlers are mostly up on higher ground in the nearby mountains. 

Phelan

With MAPSym 2015 approaching I decided it was high time to (finally) sort through and process the photos I took during the 2013 edition. The full gallery can be viewed here.

mdawg4x4

Administrator
I am not sure how it is done, but the one with the old car and young lady in the red dress would look awesome with everything black and white except the young lady in the red dress.
Challenge on!

Phelan

It'd be trivial to do (with any of the half dozen methods I can quickly think of), but I just abhor selective color photos; rarely do they (IMO) end up looking good. May go back and give it some work to look like an old an faded photo, but after a couple hours of removing the parking spot markers, pile of gravel and wire fence I was ready to move on! :)

Phelan

Went to a photo conference in Little Rock a few weeks back and took advantage of the 110F+ temps on my way back and visited Petit Jean state park. Don't know why but the crowds were nearly non-existent! ;)

Forget which overlook this was, but Mt. Magazine can be seen in the distance.

Overlooking the Arkansas River