Random Pics II

mdawg4x4

Administrator
Phelan said:
Old photo from Garvan Gardens taken with my first digital camera

DSCN1069
This one almost looks 3D. With the clarity of the leaves on the bushes in the forground, the walking bridge curving away, and the slight blur to or the way the light is reflecting off the greenery in the background.
Reminds me of a Thomas Kinkade jigsaw puzzle.

Phelan

Did some hiking this past weekend (note to self, get in shape); here's a few photos from the trip so far.

On the drive to Glory Hole

The creek that feeds Glory Hole

Glory Hole Falls

Zero Six LE

Phelan said:
Did some hiking this past weekend (note to self, get in shape); here's a few photos from the trip so far.

On the drive to Glory Hole

The creek that feeds Glory Hole

Glory Hole Falls
Awesome shots.

OkieScot

Nice photos. The last one is outstanding. I am still trying to figure out exactly what I am looking at. Was it taken from behind the falls? However it was done it is definitely intriguing.

Phelan

I was parallel with the water fall which is set back into the cave 10 or so feet. Thought about shooting from behind it looking out of the cave, but there was a crapload of people wandering about since it was flowing so well due to the rains. Still got several more shots to go through, hopefully will manage to work that into the schedule this weekend.

balage

Phelan, the first is (maybe) the best picture from you EVER!
The others little" too much" for me.

Phelan

balage said:
The first one I shot with my iPhone while cruising around 60-70MPH down a totally unfamiliar country road. Saw that fog off in the distance and was just hoping at some point to get a decent shot of it; after a couple switch backs boom the trees were replaced by a cleared field.

mdawg4x4

Administrator
Phelan said:
balage said:
The first one I shot with my iPhone while cruising around 60-70MPH down a totally unfamiliar country road. Saw that fog off in the distance and was just hoping at some point to get a decent shot of it; after a couple switch backs boom the trees were replaced by a cleared field.
Are you using the std iPhone camera or another camera app? If another app, which one?
I am using a 7mpix app, but distant photos appear further than they really are.

Phelan

mdawg4x4 said:
Phelan said:
balage said:
Are you using the std iPhone camera or another camera app? If another app, which one?
I am using a 7mpix app, but distant photos appear further than they really are.
For that photo I used the std camera app since it's so quick to access; but for shots with a bit more planning I'm using 'Camera Awesome' by the SmugMug crew. Had used Camera+ a bit as well but never really got real happy with it.

For editing I use Snapseed from Nik Software.