Tread Pattern 2

More info on BF Goodrich 74184

$173.99

G-Force T/A Drag Radial Tire
P255/50R16
Tread Pattern 2

More info on BF Goodrich 82116

$156.99

since you neglected to state rim size here 2 good choices for drag radials. the nice thing is you can mount on what you have a drive on the street legally to the track since you in the test and see what works catagory. These with ours trucks you should have no problem hooking with them as I know people running them with alot faster cars and get great traction on the track. Be forwarned, they wear fast if you leave them on for daily driving. the othe option is at the track look for guys that are discarding theirs slicks or drag radials for nothing or cheap. for slick tread depth they have small 1/4"round holes in the face for tread depth, if the holes are gone so's the slick. oh and thats off Jegs.com or go to summitracing.com
http://nissannut.com/smilies/big_party.gif

qborotali

yup.. what about tire with i though both le and se were 265? the 255 will fit? i wonder if he means these tires will fit on our stock rims, if so im deffinetly picking a pair up right before track time and buy some cheap rims the same size this way i can easily take them on and off as i please

BRUTAL

yes you can just do the back wheels, keep in mind that a shorter tire will increase overall gear ratio, but have a smaller contact patch than a same width but taller tire. you may also look at getting some smaller 5" wide front wheels and a 195/70 or 75/15 tire to decrease front rolling resistance. you ideally want a tire that gives the best acceleration(shorter) without any wheel spin

Shift_Avenger

BRUTAL said:
yes you can just do the back wheels, keep in mind that a shorter tire will increase overall gear ratio, but have a smaller contact patch than a same width but taller tire. you may also look at getting some smaller 5" wide front wheels and a 195/70 or 75/15 tire to decrease front rolling resistance. you ideally want a tire that gives the best acceleration(shorter) without any wheel spin

That means that you might need to shift to forth before the end of the track which will make you lose some time

qborotali

oh bill you tell me what to get and ill get it anyone with that nice looking of a camero knows what hes talking about..ill just do the back wheels for now. i have

dunlop radial rover a/t brand new 1 mile on them lol i have a broken ankle so i havent drove my truck in 3 weeks

BRUTAL

I would probobly startout with the 255/50 16, this is the same tire i run on my Suburban. Oh and its a 1979 El Camino with a 580 big block chevy with a custom Crytsalite Z-28 style front nose, and Vette style back bumper