~Poll~Do you have the tow pkg?

Do you have the tow pkg?

  • Yes

    Votes: 21 70.0%
  • No

    Votes: 9 30.0%

  • Total voters
    30

FRONT4X

New Member
I pulled the hitch off my 11 before trading it in and bought a 7 pin and harness. Bolted right up and plugged right in, added a brake controller too. Tows my little Viking 14R like BUTTAH!
 

FRONT4X

New Member
Oh I really like it. I didn't like the way the sewer sat low like it did. I take it "boondocking" a lot and was worried about bottoming out and dumping accidentally by breaking. I flipped the axle and lifted it a good 4" plus. Now I can get back into the desert where I want without worrying about breaking sewer connections off. We quickly learned that we needed a double flip out, instead of the single step so I ordered that and installed it. GVWR is 3532 so I'm well below the 6100 lbs max cap on my truck. Tows on or off road, just like BUTTAH. (next mod bigger tires and wheels, 29/30" and a solar panel)
 

rickof956

New Member
Mine didn't come with the tow pak I think. Was thinking of installing a 4 pin and getting the relays with it. But I need to check that I Dont already have the relays on. I want to install a 49" in LED bar and it uses the 4 pin. What is the difference from the 4 pin and 7 pin and there are 2 connections on my 06 Nissan under then tail end of my bed driver side. Is that normal? Another thing will it be in the way of my spaire tire whole? I've been looking into them more and more. Like to be seen. Lol :D
 

FRONT4X

New Member
mdawg4x4 said:
Lift kit for a camper... :)

Funny you should mention that, 4" (spring/axle flip) and new wheels/tires on the way from e trailer. :D

From 175/80 13 to 225/75 15

We boondock it.
 

mdawg4x4

Administrator
The 7 pin is a round plug with flat connectors arranged in a circle. The 4 pin is flat and uses round connectors. You can get an adapter to go from 7 pin to 4 pin.
I understand the concern for blocking the spare tire access hole. I never thought about it before. I remember seeing a Navara (Frontier in other countries) with the LED light bar just under the tailgate, but, again, never thought about spare tire access.

Burtman Industries actually shows a lightbar on a Frontier on their site. It looks to me like it will block the hole used to lower the spare.
http://www.burtmanindustries.com/zoomprod.php?id=led_light_bar

 

Phelan

New Member
All the wiring save for a short jumper and a couple relays that need to be installed in the passenger footwell is already in place.

The 7pin allows you to use a trailer brake controller in the future if you install one and need to do so; it can also be adapted down to a 6 or 4 pin. A 4pin just passes the basic brake/signal through.
 

rickof956

New Member
mdawg4x4 said:
The 7 pin is a round plug with flat connectors arranged in a circle. The 4 pin is flat and uses round connectors. You can get an adapter to go from 7 pin to 4 pin.
I understand the concern for blocking the spare tire access hole. I never thought about it before. I remember seeing a Navara (Frontier in other countries) with the LED light bar just under the tailgate, but, again, never thought about spare tire access.

Burtman Industries actually shows a lightbar on a Frontier on their site. It looks to me like it will block the hole used to lower the spare.
http://www.burtmanindustries.com/zoomprod.php?id=led_light_bar



Yeah thank you for the brake down. Yeah i read you but need to cut ans past or J/B weald some parts of the LED to keep it waterproof.
[hr]
Phelan said:
All the wiring save for a short jumper and a couple relays that need to be installed in the passenger footwell is already in place.

The 7pin allows you to use a trailer brake controller in the future if you install one and need to do so; it can also be adapted down to a 6 or 4 pin. A 4pin just passes the basic brake/signal through.
I had a coworkers explain the 4 pin and 7 pin and the adapters I didn't know there was a 6 pin :huh: but cool beans for the info and I've seen some videos looks quite simple to install and find the relays. Thank you! :D
 

Phelan

New Member
rickof956 said:
mdawg4x4 said:
The 7 pin is a round plug with flat connectors arranged in a circle. The 4 pin is flat and uses round connectors. You can get an adapter to go from 7 pin to 4 pin.
I understand the concern for blocking the spare tire access hole. I never thought about it before. I remember seeing a Navara (Frontier in other countries) with the LED light bar just under the tailgate, but, again, never thought about spare tire access.

Burtman Industries actually shows a lightbar on a Frontier on their site. It looks to me like it will block the hole used to lower the spare.
http://www.burtmanindustries.com/zoomprod.php?id=led_light_bar



Yeah thank you for the brake down. Yeah i read you but need to cut ans past or J/B weald some parts of the LED to keep it waterproof.
[hr]
Phelan said:
All the wiring save for a short jumper and a couple relays that need to be installed in the passenger footwell is already in place.

The 7pin allows you to use a trailer brake controller in the future if you install one and need to do so; it can also be adapted down to a 6 or 4 pin. A 4pin just passes the basic brake/signal through.
I had a coworkers explain the 4 pin and 7 pin and the adapters I didn't know there was a 6 pin :huh: but cool beans for the info and I've seen some videos looks quite simple to install and find the relays. Thank you! :D

Only seen a 6 pin once on an old trailer, honestly not sure what is functionally different about it versus the 4 or 7.

If you're at all handy with a wrench it shouldn't take more than a couple hours to unbox all the parts and get them installed. I would recommend a set of jack stands to help hold the hitch in place if you don't have any friends who'll come by and help. It's not all that heavy until you're trying to bench press it and tighten the bolts simultaneously.
 

mdawg4x4

Administrator
What he said. I bought my from U-Haul, and for the no more they wanted to install it, I let them do it. I installed the Nissan 7-Pin harness myself. Took all of 10 minutes max.
 

Ridgerunner665

New Member
Mine has the tow package factory installed...I haven't used it yet though and don't know what plug it has...truck is a 2014 4x4 Crew Cab SV trim with the value truck package.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk
 

FRONT4X

New Member
Ridgerunner665 said:
Mine has the tow package factory installed...I haven't used it yet though and don't know what plug it has...truck is a 2014 4x4 Crew Cab SV trim with the value truck package.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk
You probably got the seven. (Look in mod section about moving it to your bumper so you don't smash it off like me and most other Fronty owners while out 4x4'in)
 

Ridgerunner665

New Member
Re: RE: ~Poll~Do you have the tow pkg?

FRONT4X said:
Ridgerunner665 said:
Mine has the tow package factory installed...I haven't used it yet though and don't know what plug it has...truck is a 2014 4x4 Crew Cab SV trim with the value truck package.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk
You probably got the seven. (Look in mod section about moving it to your bumper so you don't smash it off like me and most other Fronty owners while out 4x4'in)
I noticed how that might happen...thanks for the tip!

I won't be doing any heavy off roading but it will be up in the hills plenty...a hunting vehicle is the primary reason I bought it.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk
 

FRONT4X

New Member
Ridgerunner665 said:
FRONT4X said:
Ridgerunner665 said:
Mine has the tow package factory installed...I haven't used it yet though and don't know what plug it has...truck is a 2014 4x4 Crew Cab SV trim with the value truck package.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk
You probably got the seven. (Look in mod section about moving it to your bumper so you don't smash it off like me and most other Fronty owners while out 4x4'in)
I noticed how that might happen...thanks for the tip!

I won't be doing any heavy off roading but it will be up in the hills plenty...a hunting vehicle is the primary reason I bought it.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk
Here's the link, I did mine too

http://www.frontyspot.com/fronty/showthread.php?tid=3458&rndtime=1394409799737225392
 
Top