~Poll~Do you have the tow pkg?

Do you have the tow pkg?

• Yes

Votes: 21 70.0%
  • No

Votes: 9 30.0%

• Total voters

LilRedExpress

U-Haul hitch, installed by me, $110.00 delivered in CA with no tax, cheaper than having to go to U-Haul and pick it up.

Nissan 7 pin ordered from on-line retailer, installed by me so it will work correctly.

7 to 4 pin converter with proper wiring indicator lights from Wal-Mart. Great because it let me test the wiring when I put it on and still usable each time I need to haul a 4 pin.

Total cost of all was under $200.00 compared to the $300.00 plus for the package from a Nissan dealer.

So, not sure if I qualify as having the towing package, as I didn't pay the price and do not have that big piece of sheet metal on the hitch to hold the wiring, so I can't tell how to vote.

Will be using it this weekend to pull a small tree and an old stump out though! Bought recovery straps so that if they break they won't kill anyone.

MOBEEBO

There is no option for "had it". I removed mine since I don't tow. It is laying in the garage with the 7 pin. I might be interested in selling it by the way. It would help towards the UpRev tune. :smt004

mdawg4x4

Administrator
Don't have it. Don't have anything to pull at the time. But, would be nice to have a recovery point in the rear (receiver shackle).

Barcin

i just cut the hole in the plastic bumper piece and mounted the ball over there...wish i had the tow package deal.

Opiate

Mine came with it.
The dealer said they had a grey CC SWB 4x4 with grey interior and gave me a price. When I showed up they didn't have it on the lot. So I test drove a silver LWB CC 4x4 with the tow package just to gage the ride. After getting approved the pud collar told me the quote I got was for a 4x2 shortbox without the tow package. I told them to F off I'll get my price @ another dealer. The manager came over and asked what he could do to keep my business, and I told him to give me the agread price on the agread truck. Without even looking at the papers he said yes. The salesman shrugged his shoulders, I keped my mouth shut, signed the papers and walked away with a more expensive Silver LWB CC 4x4 with Grey interior. Oh yeah to the point ... it's a 7 pin.

Sandiegan05fronty

Opiate said:
Mine came with it.
The dealer said they had a grey CC SWB 4x4 with grey interior and gave me a price. When I showed up they didn't have it on the lot. So I test drove a silver LWB CC 4x4 with the tow package just to gage the ride. After getting approved the pud collar told me the quote I got was for a 4x2 shortbox without the tow package. I told them to F off I'll get my price @ another dealer. The manager came over and asked what he could do to keep my business, and I told him to give me the agread price on the agread truck. Without even looking at the papers he said yes. The salesman shrugged his shoulders, I keped my mouth shut, signed the papers and walked away with a more expensive Silver LWB CC 4x4 with Grey interior. Oh yeah to the point ... it's a 7 pin.

:smt023 Awesome for you......
Dang it wonder why I got the lame 5 pin. :smt012

NissanStu

Sandiegan05fronty said:
Ok, another question. Who has the 4 pin and who has the 7 pin?
They gave me the lame 4 pin. :smt012
They didn't give me anything....I added the hitch and 4 pin wiring (with the relays), because my rinky dink trailer only has 4 pin wiring. What (besides the camper trailers) uses the 7 pin?

mdawg4x4

Administrator
Some heavier trailers have electric trailer brakes, boats and car haulers. But a lot of those are going to the inertia style brakes.
I bought the 7-pin harness and a 7-4 pin adapter harness.

FRONT4X

I got my hitch from etrailer.com I bought the receiver and harness from them, (I already had the slide in part). It bolted right up and the harness plugged right in. (4 pin)

mdawg4x4

Administrator
Front11 said:
I got my hitch from etrailer.com I bought the receiver and harness from them, (I already had the slide in part). It bolted right up and the harness plugged right in. (4 pin)
Did you get the relays that go behind the RH kick panel to support the additional electrical loading?

dastard

I have 08cc lwb with a hitch and 7 pin. Can i tell by looking if i have a tow package as compared to an aftermarket install? Tacos have an extra radiator for the tranny etc.

Thanks

D

mdawg4x4

Administrator
I don't think there is any difference between tow and non-tow except for the harness and hitch.
I bought the factory 7 pin harness and a U-Haul hitch. I installed the 7-pin plug through the bumper vs hanging from the bumper. That way it will not get dragged off when going through a low spot offroad.

Phelan

There is no difference. With the tow package you pay extra for the dealer/plant to mount the hitch and harness, and plug in a couple of wiring bundles.