Nissan Navara

Shift_Avenger

I got a chance to see a bunch of Diesel Navarras during a trip to Guatemala. I want one so bad!! They look better than the Frontier and the diesel engine sounded good.

Why can't they bring them to the US:huh:

mdawg4x4

Administrator
RE: Nissan Navarra

Were they turbo diesel? If so, I would like one too. What would it take to import one?

Kasey

Shift_Avenger said:
I got a chance to see a bunch of Diesel Navarras during a trip to Guatemala. I want one so bad!! They look better than the Frontier and the diesel engine sounded good.

Were they the 2.5 litre or the 3 litre V6. The V6 has so much more torque ovre the 2.5. An acquaintance of mine has one and LOVES it.

(UK)

mdawg4x4

Administrator

Kasey said:
Shift_Avenger said:

Were they the 2.5 litre or the 3 litre V6. The V6 has so much more torque ovre the 2.5. An acquaintance of mine has one and LOVES it.

(UK)
Is the V6 turbo? And if so, single turbo? Or dual?
Would probably make a sweat dual turbo setup?

Kasey

mdawg4x4 said:
Kasey said:
Shift_Avenger said:

(UK)
Single turbo, but seems to be enough.

mdawg4x4

Administrator

Kasey said:
mdawg4x4 said:
Kasey said:
Shift_Avenger said:

(UK)
Single turbo, but seems to be enough.
Doesn't matter. Oh the desire for the opportunity to have one here in the US.

NismoFrontier04

Shift_Avenger said:

Frontier and Navarra are the same car. Most country would legalize driving a diesel power truck. Just ask them EPA peepz why we can't have diesel power frontier here in the U.S.

balage

Maybe not same. What is under the Frontier? The Navara wear the crappy salisburry rear axle. And that's his either problem. What was good for the Land Rover Defender, maybe won't good for the Nissan.
122hp vs. 174 or195or210hp and the torque...

mdawg4x4

Administrator

I have a Dana 44 rear axle. The Dana 44 is a pretty good axle overall. The Nissan has its own variation. The Dana 60 larger than the 44 and is usually found under 3/4 ton trucks.

I do not know if all Frontiers get the Dana, but the NISMO and Pro-4X do and have an electronic locker in them.