Nissan Dream cars

mdawg4x4

Administrator
I tried to talk my wife into trading the Pathfinder on a G35, but the Pathy is too close to being paid off to start a new note now. She actually prefers the SUV to a car anyway. I wish there was a QX4 based on the new Pathfinder.

carphreak

a g35 is cool too. i like the g35 coupe over the g37, and the g34 sedans have a lot of potential.....

but the m series looks a little more upscale than a g series sedan.....

carphreak

being the big guy that i am i would probably go with whichever had the bigger interior, if i had to choose between the two. AWD really makes no difference to me as i live in socal and i would really have not much need for that the way i live....

.....by the way, looking at the specs of infiniti vehicles, is nissan offering DRM (downshift rev matching) option on all the auto equipped cars? i thought it was a performance driving thing and thus was reserved for sporty cars like the new 370z and gtr?

IslandNismo

carphreak said:
BRANEW, a japanese tuner did this

and this, it may not be everyones cup of tea but you have to remember the syling is more for the DUB/Hip-hop crowd than the racer guys....
Thanks for the wallpaper.

mdawg4x4

Administrator
carphreak said:
being the big guy that i am i would probably go with whichever had the bigger interior, if i had to choose between the two. AWD really makes no difference to me as i live in socal and i would really have not much need for that the way i live....

.....by the way, looking at the specs of infiniti vehicles, is nissan offering DRM (downshift rev matching) option on all the auto equipped cars? i thought it was a performance driving thing and thus was reserved for sporty cars like the new 370z and gtr?
I'm not sure about that one. I work on the truck side, and the only car we produce is the Altima. I heard some guys talking about it the other day, but not sure of the product they were discussing.

carphreak

wel it supposedly matches the revs to the appropriate speed whenever the car downshifts a gear. kind of like a robotic heel n toe for dummies.

mdawg4x4

Administrator
I know the CVT in the Altima and a few other products does that when in manual mode, but that is how it is designed to work. I drove one. Not much use for manual mode! :smt012

carphreak

this is syncrorev match on a manual 370z
syncrorev match

i am not sure but my guess is the infiniti's downshift rev match is almost the same with the exception that infiniti's have those fancy 7 speed automatic gearboxes and the 5 speed manual shift mode is the feature that gets the rev match

carphreak

soo..what's diffrent with this GT-R?

if you said clutch pedal you are correct! blitz is the first known tuner to create a rwd gtr, intended for drift competition in 2010. for more on the story click here

i just realized that the pictures are a little too big. if anyone else has troubles with this size please let me know and in turn i will edit to a more friendlier size and i will keep it in mind for reference on future picture posting. thank you