New 1/4 mile record---14.37 @ 95.72mph !!!!

rdrfronty

So everyone. I was saying last month that I was doing a few things to my truck & that even if my 14.99 @ 92.4 wasn't good enough to put me here on the 1/4 list, that I would be here soon enough. My additions since my last run were the WRP crank pulley, H-flow cats(courtesy of shiner), stickier street tires, and UPREV tuned!!! Finally tuned, after 9 months of working with them. I'm still helping them do the beta-testing for the new ECU's on the 08-09 frontiers. I got the full tune now EXCEPT the full throttle. I still don't have it untill 2nd gear. They should have that worked out on the new ECU's in a couple weeks. Oh as a side note, the tune was awesome!!! Anyway went to the track last nite. It was cool but the track was pretty slick. Ran with my regular tires. It was a joke. Babying it out of the hole, I spun most of 1st, caught traction, went into 2nd, started boiling the tires, had to let off for a few tenths, hit it again & finally gripped the rest of the way. Only managed a 14.86 & 92.66 that time. So put my better tires(sticky,but not as good as slicks) tried it again. Only spun a little in 1st this time, went into 2nd spun 1/3 of way through it but not TOO bad & went on down the track. Got a 14.37 @ 95.72mph. I still will be working on my times. Still dont have full throttle & the track was pretty slick making me spin a fair bit even on my sticky tires. SOOOOOO does this put me on the list :smt003 .

Shift_Avenger

Wow definitively qualifies :smt040 Did you do any traction bars? I sounds like you need some.

:smt026 :smt026 :smt026 :smt023 :smt023 :smt023 :smt041 :smt041 :smt041

Awesome record I will update the ;ist as soon as I get home

rdrfronty

I'm a 08 6spd 4 x 2 KC. Race weight was about 4235lbs. Did take off my spare & jack, but thats all. Still had the tailgate on & full interior. No traction bars yet. I had bad wheel hop with my regular tires when started spinning, but my sticky tires didnt do too bad. But yeah I've been talking to Shiner about traction bars & will probably have him help me make some this spring or summer.

eglaisi

With traction bars and tailgate off (they're heavy mofos!), I bet you could shave off a few seconds.

Congrats on your progress! :smt023

rdrfronty

Got a video, but it sucks. The track didn't have the scoreboards working(first day open after the holidays) & the end is blurry. I can still post it if anybody wants to see, but its a waste of time.

BlackTigerSE

Geeeez!! Congrats rdr, that's insane! Add a few more mods and you should be able to hit 13s in no time. Traction bar should be a nice addition.

rdrfronty

Well if anybody is curious here are clips of my two runs. The track had no scoreboards and my best clips gets blurry at the end.

This my 14.8 run with my 18's. You can hear me spinning in 2nd gear.

This is my 14.37 run. way too many people around. I did get a good launch and had the SS Camaro until about 60mph, but my 2nd gear spinning & his much better power to weight ratio easily took me after that. Blurry at the end, but no loss since they didn't have the boards working & the SS had me good by then.

shinermiller

Dont remove the TG or Spare!! I learned that lesson the hard way... It will just smoke the tires every time. I can get spin on a roll from 20-30mph. I cant imagine without the extra rear weight.

AMAZING runs Rodney!! More encouragment to get the 6sp ordered here....

Shift_Avenger

qborotali said:
quick question if you wanted to run slicks on the frontier can you keep the stock tires and wheels on the front?
Definitely, I would just air them up to decrease their drag coefficient