My Local Sales Tax

mdawg4x4

Administrator
OkieScot said:
mdawg4x4 said:
When you buy a shirt for $20, if local sales tax is 10%, the total is $20.20. Local sales tax is added to everything you purchase. Some states do not tax food, while others do. Restaurant taxes are sometimes more than the local sales tax.
That would be $22.00. I made a mistake on our state tax, it is 8.75% not 8.5%.

OkieScot
:smt042 That is funny. I always go back and check spelling and find letters switched around, but never though about the numbers getting switched around.

Or, it's just MS math. Now I know how we are always ranked last in education. Anyway fixed it, but the quotes will tell the story.

mdawg4x4

Administrator
balage said:
BlackTigerSE said:
Yes balage, truck gets taxed too. Say goodbye to thousands of dollars! $$$ all gone to state. I think they charged me around 1,200 to 1,500.00 for my truck.
Sorry, frontier=limit in my mind!
But i know it, truck gets taxed too.
mdawg4x4 said:
Mostly State tax, but cities can add a little to that!

Hope this helps? :smt017
Ah yes!!! :smt023 Thanks!
Not only does every new vehicle get taxed, it gets taxed on a set value, not what you actually paid for it. And then it gets taxed again, every time it gets sold as a used vehicle. Again, based on a set value no matter what you paid for it.

OkieScot

mdawg4x4,

Not to worry, as you can see I got our state tax wrong. I guess if we don't ever say anything we won't make any mistakes, but life would be so dull that way.

OkieScot

EB_05_NISMO

mdawg4x4 said:
balage said:
BlackTigerSE said:
Yes balage, truck gets taxed too. Say goodbye to thousands of dollars! $$$ all gone to state. I think they charged me around 1,200 to 1,500.00 for my truck.
Sorry, frontier=limit in my mind!
But i know it, truck gets taxed too.
mdawg4x4 said:
Mostly State tax, but cities can add a little to that!

Hope this helps? :smt017
Ah yes!!! :smt023 Thanks!
Not only does every new vehicle get taxed, it gets taxed on a set value, not what you actually paid for it. And then it gets taxed again, every time it gets sold as a used vehicle. Again, based on a set value no matter what you paid for it.
And then I pay property tax every year on my truck based on it's value and the mill rate of my city. If I recall it was $700+ for the first year, but it gets lower every year as the value decreases.