McCrea Nissan

BlackTigerSE

I took my truck into the dealership for them to check out the vibration in the transmission and replacement of fuel sending unit. Well they replaced the FSU, but blamed the tires for the vibration. But that's not it. They ACTUALLY heard a timing chain whine, that i haven't heard since they changed my belt and tensioner. I'm psyched! I was hoping the whine came before i hit 60,000, and better yet, it went off at 35,000! Glad i have the new Brog Warner timing chain guides in the engine, hopefully this does prevent the guides from wearing down. I asked them what the new guides were made out of, but they didn't know, because it was a "secret". Okay... Anyways, just wanted to show my love to the dealership and the new service rep is awesome, unlike the other 2. One is a real a**hole, i believe every dealership has at least 1, lol. But yeah, the new guy told me to bring it back after i get my alignment done, which i planned on doing.

Thanks McCrea Nissan in Eureka, CA!

Edit: Oh yeah, i brought the truck in running at empty, to make it easier on the techs, when they replace the FSU. They filled it up free of charge at half a tank.

mdawg4x4

Administrator
Awesome. They had to check the functionality of the gauge somehow.

On a side note, my oil leak has returned. The dealer that replaced the valve cover gasket, twice, has gone out of business, so I took it back to the dealer I bought it from and took it back to when I 1st noticed the leak at 12K miles. They tightened bolts at that time, but didn't fix the problem. Anyway, he told me they weren't going to stand behind anything another Nissan dealer had worked on, even if they had gone out of business. I told him it wasn't a dealer vs. dealer issue, it was a Nissan issue, but he wanted to charge me to look at it. He only has 1 mechanic, yes only 1. And he couldn't even get to it for 2 weeks. I told him my 60K warranty would likely be out by then, and he told me that wasn't his problem. Well!?!?

So, I have had the valve cover tightened twice, and the gasket replaced twice. This is my 5th trip back to a dealer for the same issue in less than 60K miles. It isn't much. It never checks low. But it is just enough to see the mess and smell hot oil from time to time.

OkieScot

It is always nice to hear that there are good dealerships out there. mdawg4x4, don't scare me. My truck is out of warranty already so naything that happens will be on me. Thankfully my truck is low mileage (less than 18,000 miles) so maybe it will outlast me.

soniyajack

My suggestion look for a dealership outside of the city centers. The downtown type of dealerships don't give you the personal attention, and they would like to think that you are just there for some scheduled service and that's it. This is true of any car make. Go 100 KM (60 miles) from a major city to a nice suburban dealership, and your luck might improve.

mdawg4x4

Administrator
soniyajack said:
My suggestion look for a dealership outside of the city centers. The downtown type of dealerships don't give you the personal attention, and they would like to think that you are just there for some scheduled service and that's it. This is true of any car make. Go 100 KM (60 miles) from a major city to a nice suburban dealership, and your luck might improve.
Unfortunately, I live within 20 miles of the state capital, building itself. I am just north of the northern most suburb of this metro area, 7-8 miles from the most northern city limits. And 30ish miles south of me is the other end of the metro area. We have 2 dealerships owned by the same group, one north and the other southeast. We have a 3rd that closed and just reopened under new ownership, south side, so there is still hope.