Manual or Automatic

Manual or Auto Transmission?

• Manual

Votes: 10 58.8%
  • Automatic

Votes: 7 41.2%

• Total voters

OkieScot

I have had a lot of cars and trucks over the years and this is my 4th one with an automatic. I had a 1956 Ford which I only kept for a few months. Next I had a 1967 Corvette coupe which I dearly loved except for the automatic. I tolerated it for almost a year.

When I retired in 2000 I got a 2000 Nissan Frontier XE with an automatic. I kept it for 5 years, but just not enough power. At my age I am tired of shifting and believe me I have done a lot of it over the years, especially with the sportscars that had O/D transmissions in them. That was usually 6 or 7 speeds if you split the gears with the O/D, now that was a lot of fun.

OkieScot

OkieScot

Believe me, as you age and your right hand ain't sure of what your left hand is doing the automatic will began to look more appealing.

OkieScot

WhistlerWzrd

Manual.
Keeps the Boys and Mrs. Wzrd out of the '05.
besides, all of my favorite rides of the past have been manuals, the '60 Falcon that I dropped a V8 into, the '65 Cortina GT, the '72 510, All were manual. I should have kept all of those cars, but now I have the Fronty.
Gotta love Smokin' da meats in first and getting a loud chirp into second on the launch.

Maine 6-spd CC

WhistlerWzrd said:
Manual.
Keeps the Boys and Mrs. Wzrd out of the '05.
besides, all of my favorite rides of the past have been manuals, the '60 Falcon that I dropped a V8 into, the '65 Cortina GT, the '72 510, All were manual. I should have kept all of those cars, but now I have the Fronty.
Gotta love Smokin' da meats in first and getting a loud chirp into second on the launch.
only into second?

manual. they didnt offer a stick in what I wanted so I modified what I wanted and bought an SE...if I ever get enough money to do anything, I'll just build this. I'd still like to pick up a Nismo axle and drop it in...just because.