made it to the drag strip last night finally

Thejudge

best time was a 10.02 in a 1/8th.it was still a lil cold out too though.temperature was around 39-42 degrees.i was honestly suprised.im hoping i can do a few odds and ends and drop down into the 9's.i wanna check out a 1/4 mile track but there is very few around here and everytime we go its so packed you only get to run one time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jOmm0nj62uE

here's the link to the vid.it may not work just yet because i just now uploaded it but give it a while and it will

Shift_Avenger

Nice!!! Yeah my best time at the 1/8 is 10.01. GEt a programmer or just a 2 degree advance and you will get it into the 9's

Thejudge

Shift_Avenger said:
Nice!!! Yeah my best time at the 1/8 is 10.01. GEt a programmer or just a 2 degree advance and you will get it into the 9's
do they make a programmer for the 08 models yet?if so how much? what do ya mean by 2 degree advance? just curious never heard of it im kinda new to this kinda stuff

Shift_Avenger

I know superchips and a couple of other companies were working on it. The 2 degree timing advance shifts your power curve to the left... it gives you more low end quicker. I do not know if anyone is able to do it with the '08s yet but I am sure someone has or will figure it out soon enough.

Usually you can get it done by someone for less than $20

Thejudge

Shift_Avenger said:
I know superchips and a couple of other companies were working on it. The 2 degree timing advance shifts your power curve to the left... it gives you more low end quicker. I do not know if anyone is able to do it with the '08s yet but I am sure someone has or will figure it out soon enough.

Usually you can get it done by someone for less than $20
my buddy is a big ase certified nissan mechanic so ill talk to him about it.he is pretty smart with em so ill ask him

Thejudge

im taking it back to the track here in a week or 2 when my buddy gets his stang rearend put in. i plan on shedding the spare tire,tailgate,and anything else i can to lose some weight.im getting in the low 9's before the end of the season thats all there is to it.

EB_05_NISMO

The superchips tuner now works with all 2nd gen frontiers and I believe the hypertech only works for the 08/09 frontiers at this time. I'm not sure about any other companies.

Thejudge

EB_05_NISMO said:
The superchips tuner now works with all 2nd gen frontiers and I believe the hypertech only works for the 08/09 frontiers at this time. I'm not sure about any other companies.
question though how much are they? and where to find em?

rdrfronty

Uprev also does the 08 tunes. Its the best you can get, but can be more expensive depending on what package you get- $400-$900. Also the 2deg advance wont void your warranty. My local Nissan dealership did it for me. Of course you dont need that if you get a Superchips programmer or an Uprev tune. As a note, your 10.02 puts you about 15.2-15.3 in the 1/4. Low 9's in the 1/8 translates to low-mid 14's in the 1/4. Yes its possible, but you going to need some good mods and most important a quality tune. There is only a handful of us running that low now, myself included.