Lift on a NON-4x4

alex0321

i know i get it all the time from my buddies but they all own Chevy Silverados and Fords. Im the only guy with a frontier. so i want to hear the oppinions of you guys. Is it worth to do a mild lift on my 06' Nissan Frontier XE 4cyl... I know not much of a truck. honest opinion.

BlackTigerSE

Why not?

I wouldn't go to high. Higher you go, the sillier it will look with stock tires unless you upgrade. I'd stick with 32" tires or less, 33s might be a little too much for the 4 cylinder. But yeah, they sell 2-3" spacer lifts which are cheap. PRGproducts.com or an ebay store. They are everywhere.

BlackTigerSE

You sure can. I am selling a Sway-a-way coilover 2.5 at almost half the price of a new one. It's only got 5,000 miles.

All you will need is ext cv joint and brakes =$150
Stock upper and lower control arms~<$200 if you look around for used ones
And with my $550 coilovers you'll be a prerunner with a foot of travel.

alex0321

really, im new to the frontier community even the truck community. ive never known anything about trucks until i bought my first one. My current frontier. i used to own only hondas. I can tell you everything and anything about thoes cars but i renounced my devotion to Rice burners after i had my second Honda Civic Stolen. So i wouldnt need to trade in for a 4x4 v6..thats good to know.

carphreak

ofcourse you can. the question is how far are you willing to go?

take this dude for example, he started with 32 inch tires and a spacer lift. now he has a titan swap with spindles on 35 inch tires and fiberglass fenders. oh and a chevy 350...

it's your truck do what you need and want it to do....we will be here to help

alex0321

thanks for the support guys. that looks like a sick truck. chevy 350?? does that mean excatly how it sounds? whats a titan swap? i got so many questions. ive been told by my buddies that work with to get 32inch tires. I dont even know what that that looks like.

alex0321

What is a good wheels size and tires to go with. I know about 32inch tires. What about wheels? can i just throw the upgraded tires onto my stock wheels or would i have to upgrade my wheels as well? My one of my buddies told me that it wouldnt be to much of a good idea if i would to get blocks for the rear suspension because its bad for my leaf spring? Whats up with that?[hr]
whats you guys input on these.... http://www.prgproducts.com/shop/product/basic_suspension_package/

BlackTigerSE

Blocks = axle wrap. You don't want that. The link i gave you comes with a leaf spring. A titan swap is swapping out your frontier suspension (front) for titan suspension. You can use your factory wheels and 32" is good.

alex0321

if anyone could take a wild guess at how much (resonably) how much a set of tires (33x 10.50 15) ,body lift, new struts could cost? hit me up so i know i dont pay to much.

La Queen

I have PRG 1.5" rear block kit available. You'll have to find a spacer. Look on the PRG Products site and 4x4parts to see the options out there. There's quite a bit to choose from, just depends what you want out of your 4cylinder. Tire price all depends on the actual tires you pick.. do some research.. I would pick the suspension lift first, struts, and later deciding on a tire after you've gone through that. If you're going for a moderate lift with heavy tires, until then consider the body lift. Be careful with that 4cyl..don't break it lol.