Killed an Altima and Solara today

2010redbrick

So today I decided to skip the Black Friday deals and go riding in my truck.
Sitting at a red light an Altima pulled up bumping and nodding there heads and I just chuckled, they revved engine and I looked over and smiled. All I saw was headlights from the jump to the end. It was a 3.5.

Then about 4 red lights down another head bobbing owner in a Solar with SLE badges but a 4CYL with a fart can got owned so badly he shouldn't even be driving it. It was raining and I still beat him.

Hope ya'll had a great Friday

mdawg4x4

Administrator
Well, the Altima evidently didn't want to play very seriously. The 3.5 has a lot of go in it. I think the right person driving it will spank the Frontier.

G

Gray Ghost 2.5 SL

I've owned a '04 Titan, '06 Frontier V6 now a Altima 2.5. I consider all to be fast I never test drove a 3.5 as I consider the 2.5 quick enough. All of us will agree the Frontier is amasingly fast. I would enjoy seeing a match up between a Frontier and a Altima 3.5 it would be close race. Good kill!

2010redbrick

I apologize the Altima was a 2.5 with a muffler, saw them again tonight at the local Best Buy. There heads were still bobbing

G

Gray Ghost 2.5 SL

2010redbrick said:
I apologize the Altima was a 2.5 with a muffler, saw them again tonight at the local Best Buy. There heads were still bobbing
A lot of folks do not know the Altima auto has a "D" and a "sport shifter" combo transmission. A late model 2.5 S driver with practice using the sport shifter in my opinion would be a close race against an auto V6 Frontier.

mdawg4x4

Administrator
A 2.5 would be a good match up. It would be interesting to see experienced drivers in both, on the track, of course.

Redbrick, I do not remember. Did you get the manual, or auto tranny? I believe the manual makes for better track times. I believe you loose a little through the torque converter on the auto.