Helper leaf springs - Traction bars Frontier -stop wheel hop

Shift_Avenger

Bought a set of Dynachrome Leaf Spring Helpers, Part # 18921

Normally they are used for increase the load capacity but if placed in below the leafs and in front of the axle they help prevent axle wrap, improve traction and decrease body roll.
Installation took about 15 minutes. (more if you take off the tires)

I painted mine with this after a light sanding

before:

after:

Place ubolt under leafs and plate above them close to the axle:

Slide helper leaf under u-bolt and hand tighten both bolts:\, notice location close to the axle:

Place other bolt provided through front u clamp, make sure to put locktite on this nuts. The purpose of the front one is to hold the leaf from going under the tire in case of a break. Do not over tighten.

LilRedExpress

Just check them about once a month. Mine stayed put for a year then the passenger one slide up and was rubbing on the front of the spring where it attaches to the frame. It squeaks like hell when it happens.

I moved it back and torqued the thing down again but a week later it was rubbing again. I finally just took them off. I can feel a bit more wind up and a bit more tire chirping without them, but it is still better than the squeak!

qborotali

my helper leaf springs are installed the other way i followed the directions whats up wit that?, p.s where did you get the traction bars from?

qborotali

basically what is and where do you buy the parts looks like all it needs to be is welded...anyone ever consider those bars that run from the top of the cab into the bed that you always see on drag race trucks, must have some special purpose

BlackTigerSE

Whats holding that leaf in place? I'm kind've confused...lol. Do the ends of that helper leaf hit something when you launch your truck?

Shift_Avenger

BlackTigerSE said:
Whats holding that leaf in place? I'm kind've confused...lol. Do the ends of that helper leaf hit something when you launch your truck?
When you do a hard lunch the axle actually has a bit of a wrap, almost like winding a old fashion clock. Then it tends to hop when the wrap reflexes back. Thus action creates wheel hop which robs you of traction. The traction bars attempt to keep the axle put and therefore transferring the power to the ground quicker.