Has anyone ever tried something like this?

mdawg4x4

Administrator
Welcome to FrontySpot. What year is your Frontier?
I have not heard of anybody running anything like that.
Would you be using it for fuel. It looks like it is separated from your stock fuel system. Would you be using it for farm equipment or just to have extra fuel for your truck.

BlueZ

I would use it just as extra fuel,
transfer in an emergency.

Thing is I havent bought a Frontier ( or Xterra which I am also considering) yet since unrefulled range is one of my priorities.

Still researching but am a big Nissan guy so I like likely get a Frontier and find a way t manage the fuel (which is only thing about it I dont like everything else is perfect IMO)

mdawg4x4

Administrator
Looks like that tank is offered for the mid-sized trucks. You would just have to pump the fuel yourself.
2015 is the last year for the Xterra.
I have a 2006 Frontier and 2 Xterras, a 2012 and a 2013. Neither get good mileage, especially my Frontier. With the over sized D-Range tires and winch bumper and winch, I'm only getting but 15 mpgs. My right foot doesn't help either.

Phelan

I'd love to get 15MPG, currently averaging about 12-13 in city. Pretty sure the combination of hills around here and my lead foot are the biggest culprits, but I did see a drop when I switched to the Goodyear AT w/Kevlar in LT trim.

mdawg4x4

Administrator
Phelan said:
I'd love to get 15MPG, currently averaging about 12-13 in city.  Pretty sure the combination of hills around here and my lead foot are the biggest culprits, but I did see a drop when I switched to the Goodyear AT w/Kevlar in LT trim.
The price you pay for living the beautiful Ozark Mountains. :)
We are spending Spring Break in Durango, CO. On the way across New Mexico, for the fun of it, I got behind a semi truck and set my cruise control at 65. I hit the reset on the trip computer, and it said I was getting 21.1mpg. Then I passed him and got back up to 78 and did the same. 14.6mpg. The back end was loaded with a cooler and a weeks worth of luggage for 3 people. But I didn't buy it for it's fuel efficiency!