Frontier extendable towing mirrors

Terryb

This thread has been around for awhile it seems. Has anybody gone further with this? I'm still wanting to find out if the extendable mirrors work on the frontie....

Kasey

Terryb said:
This thread has been around for awhile it seems. Has anybody gone further with this? I'm still wanting to find out if the extendable mirrors work on the frontie....
Someone on the Nissan_navara.net site has posted pictures of a conversion someone has done. Dont have full details yet of what was involved, but thought it worth a mention here.

"Check out the mod a member on CF did to his truck. Titan towing mirrors for people that tow travel trailers or a caravan as you guys call it."

FRONT4X

The mirrors came this morning. My son installed them and we left home for a couple days. Here is a couple pics, they are pretty much Titan mirrors but man what a difference. I can see behind me. We pulled this trailer about 50-60 miles and the mirrors stayed in adjustment. they never flopped like the fender attached ones did, never fell off once like the clip over existing ones did. They were INCREDIBLE!!!!
When on the road changing lanes was a DREAM.
[attachment=3168]
[hr]
Another pic on the road . . .

[attachment=3169]

Attachments

mdawg4x4

Administrator
Not bad. I was afraid they would be too big and clumsy looking. Do they plug righ into the existing wires?

FRONT4X

mdawg4x4 said:
Not bad. I was afraid they would be too big and clumsy looking. Do they plug righ into the existing wires?
Yes,I was gonna do a how to write up when I get home and post pics but it plugged right in and bolted right up. The only reason the door panels were taken off was because Nissan put the plug deep inside the door.

DRKM

It sounds almost too easy, do you have any other pics or details you can share?

Thanks for the info.