Found A really good Fab shop up in the PNW

iggs

I just got back from Franklin's VW Werks and man-oh-man does this guy do some fantastic work.

He specializes in full custom VWs and from what I saw --seems like an up and coming Fabricator up here in the NW.

He does full Custom VWs, Narrowed Beams, Race/Street Motors, Exhaust Systems, Disk Brake Kits, Roll Cages and Service...according to his business card.

He's at:

http://www.FranklinsVwWerks.com
18817 E. Valley Hwy, Suite E
Kent, WA 98032

After talking to Franklin, he said he'd be willing to do tube bumpers for our trucks at $75/hr + Material.

He is a really nice guy who is capable of doing some really high-end stuff but is just getting by project-to-project.

Support him if you can!

iggs

I was helping my boss drop off his car to the shop next door. My boss had been there before so we stopped by and talked with him.

He's never done a bumper before so I don't know--but from the looks of his roll cages, I'm sure he'll make short work of a rear bumper. :)

iggs

Sandiegan05fronty said:
Yeah, once you get a design and the dimensions.....He could fab. one in a snap. Maybe your truck could be the first. :smt002
That's what I'm hoping for!

Sandiegan05fronty

iggs said:
Sandiegan05fronty said:
Yeah, once you get a design and the dimensions.....He could fab. one in a snap. Maybe your truck could be the first. :smt002

That would be awesome. Did you tell him all the exposure it will get (from all the forums)?

greybrick

Always great to find a good welder. I get things like bumpers and skid plates made in T6 aluminum, which has the strength of mild steel at about 1/3 the weight.

iggs

Sandiegan05fronty said:
iggs said:
Sandiegan05fronty said:

That would be awesome. Did you tell him all the exposure it will get (from all the forums)?
Yes I did and he just had a big grin on his face about it. He seems really humble for how good his work is. His wife designs stuff on their end-mill. (I think that's what that contraption was) It was like a CNC machine, but not brand new...whatever it is, it was a big machining tool.
The point being, the whole family gets in on the projects.

iggs

I just found out what that the contraption was. it was a plasma table. I was way off.

Yeah, family run businesses have a lot of charm!