Emission/Evap Light

FRONT4X

Every one of my Fronties have had an issue with the evap/charcoal canister and evap system. Looks like my new truck does too. I took it into the dealer about a week or two ago and they told me go ahead and drive it, it won't hurt anything, and we'll order parts. So a few days later they called me and I took it in yesterday. They already had to replace the whole line front to rear and changed out the valves on the canister. Less than 10k.
You'd think Nissan would get a better system or remedy than that but nope. My son's Titan is popping the same code now too. Nissan isn't the only one, I had a Tacoma and it did the same thing too.

The tech said when he pulled the thing apart dirt fell out of it. And the line gets clogged with dirt too.

As long as it's covered under the warrantee this dealer fixes it but it sure has been a PITA for us both, the dealer and me.

FRONT4X

They say that Nissan is "aware of the problem" but I'm not sure if there is enough of us living out like this with Nissans to make a difference. The canisters are right in front of the wheel well and sprayed with dirt constantly. Most people hit the dirt on weekends or every couple weekends but ours are exposed daily to the dirt. This is also why I switch to a non-oil engine air filter, (aFe), and change out the cabin filters every oil change.

mdawg4x4

Administrator
My wife has looked at houses on dirt roads in the past, and I always told her "NO", because there is now way I will ever be able to keep our vehicles clean. I used to wash each every week at least once. More often if the bugs were out in force, especially the love bugs in the south. They will eat through the paint if not removed in a timely manor. Then I would do a full detail and wax once a month.
Now that my Frontier paint is flaking, I hardly ever wash it. The last time was after our local group went and played in a little mud last Labor Day weekend, but I'm not down a dusty road.

FRONT4X

The paint on my '11 was sandblasted off the rear fenders. Only 2yrs old, bare metal. But anytime I think about out here, the broken axles, the broken A arms, the evap emission lights, all I have to do is drive to Phoenix or Vegas and I know it's worth it. Lol.

mdawg4x4

Administrator
FRONT4X said:
The paint on my '11 was sandblasted off the rear fenders. Only 2yrs old, bare metal. But anytime I think about out here, the broken axles, the broken A arms, the evap emission lights, all I have to do is drive to Phoenix or Vegas and I know it's worth it. Lol.
I understand that. The Jackson metro area is nothing like Phoenix or Vegas, but, now that I don't have to worry about school districts, I want out of my subdivision.