Do you keep your tailgate locked?

Do you keep your tailgate locked?

• Yes, locked all the time

Votes: 11 64.7%
  • No

Votes: 6 35.3%

• Total voters

carphreak

it's been a habit of mine to lock the tailgate all the time.

on a different note, Sandi's on a roll tonight. one poll after the other....

Sandiegan05fronty

carphreak said:

I was walking on my treadmill thinking, I need to start a poll! :smt005

Yeah, that will be my next poll... :smt005

harshreality001

i got the lock, may as well use it.

actually my first real mod was powering up the tailgate lock to work with the door locks. now when i double click the unlock (for all 4 doors) the tailgate unlocks too. and hitting the lock on the keyfob, locks the doors and gate also!

keeps jerks from using your gate as a bench too (yes, i have seen it, but not on my truck, thank god)

Sandiegan05fronty

harshreality001 said:

actually my first real mod was powering up the tailgate lock to work with the door locks. now when i double click the unlock (for all 4 doors) the tailgate unlocks too. and hitting the lock on the keyfob, locks the doors and gate also!

keeps jerks from using your gate as a bench too (yes, i have seen it, but not on my truck, thank god)
That is a cool idea. hmmm, wondering if I want to do that.

OkieScot

Sandiegan05fronty said:
carphreak said:

I was walking on my treadmill thinking, I need to start a poll! :smt005

Yeah, that will be my next poll... :smt005
I keep my tailgate and my hard bed cover locked at all times. And yes I walk my tread mill every day now trying to get ready for the death march parade we are having in OKC this sunday.

OkieScot

harshreality001

Sandiegan05fronty said:
harshreality001 said:

let me know if you want details. i might still have pics and a wiring diagram for under the dash to get the right wires to make it go with the double-touch of the fob...

Sandiegan05fronty

harshreality001 said:
Sandiegan05fronty said:
harshreality001 said:

let me know if you want details. i might still have pics and a wiring diagram for under the dash to get the right wires to make it go with the double-touch of the fob...
Yeah, def, start a thread on it. There might be others interested. I can then move it to how to, if you do a write up. Thanks

TennFrontierMan

I keep mine locked now because I came out of my old apartment one day and a couple of the workers who were putting up the new siding had it down and where sitting on it...in my opinion that's just disrespectful!!

Sandiegan05fronty

TennFrontierMan said:
I keep mine locked now because I came out of my old apartment one day and a couple of the workers who were putting up the new siding had it down and where sitting on it...in my opinion that's just disrespectful!!
I agree, that is pretty rude!

carphreak

man i would've acted a fool if i saw somebody do that. it's like opening someone's front door and taking a mean-a$s dump in their toilet....

mdawg4x4

Administrator
Never have locked mine. I typically do not have to worry about unwanted people sitting on my tailgate. But you never know when someone is looking to replace a bent tailgate for free!

krh2

Shift_Avenger said:
Great write up, they mentioned an E-bay kit. Do you know what they were talking about?
Nope. Looks to be pretty straight forward though. I would do it but my bed cover is locked so I really dont need to lock my gait.