• Pepsi Products

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • Both

Votes: 4 36.4%
  • Neither, don't drink soda

Votes: 1 9.1%

• Total voters

EB_05_NISMO

I like Pepsi better than coke in general, but I will drink either. The one coke product I like better than pepsi product is cherry coke over wild cherry pepsi.

La Queen

Phelan said:
La Queen said:
I prefer Pepsi in the U.S. or the new Sierra Mist Natural, but Mexican Coca-Cola is the best for me. Lots of H2O and homemade juices: agua de jamiaca (hibiscus), pina (pineapple), toronja (grapefruit), tamarindo (tamarind) and horchata.
Is tamarind just an acquired taste? There's some marinades/sauces I like that have it in them, but I haven't been able to make it through a tamarind Jarritos.
I don't even drink Jarritos here. I can't say I know anyone that says that's their preferred drink. The ones sold in the U.S. just don't taste right. The reason I enjoy Mex Coca-Cola is because of the cane sugar. Have you ever had fresh tamarind? Just the pulp? We have it tons of candies, salsas, raspados (sort of like an snow cone but better!) I'll have to send you some and make you a believer lol

I LOVE Sangria soda and Apple soda.. the best ones (because they are the authentic ones) are Sidral Mundial (Apple) and Sangria Senorial. Plastic or glass bottle, it doesn't loose it's flavor like Jarritos.

Phelan

I think I've seen some tamarind candies in a couple of the more authentic Mexican restaurants, don't believe I've ever seen a tamarind itself for sale. There's some Mexican grocery stores in the area I'll have to check, any tips on picking out the ripe ones?

La Queen

Honestly, I wouldn't know how to pick the ripe ones in a market. If it's there and it smells right, not too squishy, it should be ok! I've always picked them off trees. :p I have the hardest time finding good mangos in the states too, one of my Grandmas has a huge mango tree that's taking over her front porch but gives fruit about a foot long! Didn't mean to hijack the thread..oops!

mdawg4x4

Administrator
I picked up some Dr Pepper in Fort Worth last weekend made with cane sugar. I can say it was a lot smoother tasting than the store bought Dr Pepper these days.

mdawg4x4

Administrator
rickof956 said:
Dr Pepper all the way!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk
When I was young, I preferred Dr Pepper and Mr Pibb, but they are too sweet to me now. While in Ft Worth a few years ago, I bought some Dr Pepper sweetened with cane sugar. It was pretty good.

Phelan

mdawg4x4 said:
rickof956 said:
Dr Pepper all the way!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk
When I was young, I preferred Dr Pepper and Mr Pibb, but they are too sweet to me now. While in Ft Worth a few years ago, I bought some Dr Pepper sweetened with cane sugar. It was pretty good.
Not a big Dr Pepper fan, but when it's served up old school fountain style (separate syrup and carbonated water dispensers) it tastes quite yummy. Highly recommend visiting the Dr. Pepper Museum in Waco, TX and Dublin Bottling Works (unofficial Dr. Pepper Museum) in Dublin, TX.