CB radios

NismoFrontier04

Any 1st and 2nd gen. frontier owners out there that has CB radios on their rig? Can you help me with that topic? I'm thinking of putting a small cb radio in my rig. Just reply back if get this.

NismoFrontier04

mdawg4x4 said:
I do. I started with a nice radio, but it was too big. So I swapped it a Cobra 75WXST remote mount. Probably not the best, but easily mounted out of the way. Only time I use it is when our local 4X4 group gets together.

http://www.amazon.com/Cobra-75WXST-40-Channel-CB-Radio/dp/B00005N5WW/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1329626247&sr=8-1
Cool. I was thinking of getting that midland mini cb radio but my only concern is the cb antenna. I was thinking of getting a firestik cb antenna but i notice that has wire. I want magnetic cb antenna that doesn't come w/ a wire.

mdawg4x4

Administrator
Center mounted high is best. If you don't go under low limbs or park in a garage, a magnetic rooftop will suit you well. Mounted to the bed next to the cab usually doesn't work well at further distances. Fire sticks are good antennas. Just mount it toward the rear of the bed.

NismoFrontier04

mdawg4x4 said:
Center mounted high is best. If you don't go under low limbs or park in a garage, a magnetic rooftop will suit you well. Mounted to the bed next to the cab usually doesn't work well at further distances. Fire sticks are good antennas. Just mount it toward the rear of the bed.
I guess I will just have to go to a magnetic cb antenna. I don't want to do any drilling if i decided to get the firestick antenna.

NismoFrontier04

mdawg4x4 said:
Does fire stick offer a magnetic mount?
I was doing researches on youtube and sadly to say that the firestick cb antennas doesn't comes with magnetic mount. They have mount that comes with the kit that I have to screw it on the bed which is a no no to me.

mdawg4x4

Administrator
I would probably choose a Wilson or K40 magnetic mount with ss antenna.

I have Wilson fiberglass 4' whip bolted to the utilitrack along the bed about 1/2 way back. But I am thinking about changing it. I would like to get it back up to the cab, but don't want a magnetic mount.

NismoFrontier04

mdawg4x4 said:
I would probably choose a Wilson or K40 magnetic mount with ss antenna.

I have Wilson fiberglass 4' whip bolted to the utilitrack along the bed about 1/2 way back. But I am thinking about changing it. I would like to get it back up to the cab, but don't want a magnetic mount.
Do they make a cordless cb antenna?

mdawg4x4

Administrator
I've never seen one. If you are worried about getting the cable out, I ran mine out through the drafter duct in the back of the cab.