Calmini

1rst pilgrim

Is Calmini out of buisness? I looked them up and when I click on e- mail or anything else on their contact list is says none available.

mdawg4x4

Administrator
Not that I know of. They have been around a long time.
Just called them, and they are still open. He didn't know anything about e-mail not available.
We put a Calmini 3" lift on my son's 03 Frontier. It was a good product for the year model Frontier. Then, my son decided he wanted to go bigger and cut everything out from under the front, without my approval, and put a solid axle from an early Cherokee under it.

1rst pilgrim

Are there pictures around for the solid axle swap. that sounds like an interesting project. I have the chance to pick up a wrecked fronty for a decent price and I have some handy friends and the availability of a lift. No matter how I try and notify them on web it comes up site not available. I'll try again thanks Mike.

mdawg4x4

Administrator
There have been many solid axle swaps on the 1st generation Frontier (04 and earlier models). Calmini has a kit. Many of the ones you see on the internet are custom built. My son did his own and has it going down the road but the front drive shaft has posed him problems. It is his daily driver, so he doesn't have the ability or place and tools to park it til it is finished. That is where I had problems with what he did. That kind of project is not what you take on when you don't have another way to go and the funds to do it right.