CAI - Cold Air Intake Frontier 2005+ List

shinjari

Well since no one has started this I may as well.

If you have any of these parts or others please post pics and a review.

K&N 63 Series
63-6014 Product Specifications
Product Style: 63 Series Aircharger Kits
Estimated Horsepower Gain: 14.27 HP @ 5075 RPM
Replacement Filter: RF-1014
CARB Exempt: No

K&N 77 Series
77-6014KP Product Specifications
Product Style: 77 Series Kits
Estimated Horsepower Gain: 11.63 HP @ 5200 RPM
Color: Polished
CARB Exempt: See Application Link Below
CARB EO Number: D-269-31

Nismo CAI
This NISMO powder-coated heat shield helps position the air intake filter, away from the engine for cooler, denser air, for improved engine performance. Intake length and diameter tuned for maximum performance and designed on the dyno for real-time power gains throughout the range.
# Mandrel-bent 3.25" tubing maintains a consistent inside diameter, made from 601 aluminum. Soft-mounted to the body for optimal fitment, includes a reusable, 1-piece washable air filter. Powder-coated black finish with NISMO logo. Not for street use, this product does not carry any type of warranty. Benefits: Maximum gains of 10.5 hp and 9.5 lb-ft at the rear wheels
# Peak power gain of 8.5 with power gains across the entire rpm range
# Tested on Frontier V-6 VQ40DE engine (this is the same engine in the 2005+ Pathfinder and Xterra)
# Provides a more aggressive intake sound over stock system
**pic needed**

AEM Cold Air Intake - Brute Force - Polished
MFR#: 218504DP
AEM BRUTE FORCE AIR INDUCTION SYSTEM, POLISHED, DRY FLOW FILTER -- Engineered For Maximum Horsepower And Torque Development, Dyno Tested 5 To 12 % Increases, New Dry Flow Synthetic Filter Never Needs Oil, And Eliminates Vehicle Warranty Issues, 99.4% Flow Efficiency
**pic needed**

AFE Cold Air Intake - Magnum Force Stage 2
MFR#: 5410492
AFE MAGNUM FORCE STAGE 2 COLD AIR INTAKE SYSTEM -- Replaces OE Air Box, Filter And Factory Intake Tube, Gains Up To 50 Hp, Increases Ft/Lbs Of Torque, Improves Airflow Up To 75%, Fuel Efficiency And Throttle Response, Uses Factory Mounting Points, Easy Installation Guaranteed
**pic needed**

Injen Cold Air Intake - Polished and Black Aluminum
MFR#: PF1959P
INJEN POWER-FLOW INTAKE SYSTEM, WITH MR TECHNOLOGY, POLISHED -- A Fully Tuned Air Intake System That Features Patent Pending Mega Ram Technology, This Technology Regulates The Volume And Velocity Of The Charged Airflow By Using Variable, Calibrated Diameter Aluminum Tubes Resulting In Massive Performance Gains All While Maintaining The Factory Safe Air/Fuel Mixture, This Air Intake System Is Fine-Tuned For This Specific Application, Includes A Manufacturer's Limited Lifetime Warranty
**pic needed**

Volant Cold Air Intake

MFR#: 12640 and 12633
Cold Air Intake, With Box, Gain Up To 18 Horsepower And 40 Ft Lbs Of Torque, Improves Gas Mileage, Includes Volant Air Duct, Shield, Ram Filter, Silicone Connectors & Stainless Steel Clamps, Polished Aluminum Lid, C.A.R.B. Approved In 50 States, Installs In 20 Minutes Or Less
**pic needed**

I love my NISMO CAI. It is fantastic. However its not very CA friendly since its not CARB legal lol.

I was undecided between this and the volant since I liked Volants closed box design but I got a good deal on this thing and have yet to regret it =P

What CAI's do you guys/gals have?

krh2

Nismo. And I love it. Unfortunately when it comes time for smog I gotta put the stocker back in and it is a pain in the arse compared to the fronty. Fronty = 1/2 hour. Titan = 1 1/2 - 2 hours. :smt013

krh2

gfronty said:
Sandiegan05fronty said:
:smt009 Back to stock... :smt002
I wonder if the stillen intake would bring a difference with the charger, it did with the titans.
It was designed around the stock box. Anything other and it voids the 3 yr / 36k warrantee on the blower & engine. But I have no doubt it would help. Have a fram airhog drop in that helps some.

Irongrave

here are my reviews on the K&N and Volant

K&N 57 series review: Good intake for the money, decent SOTP incresses. Better trottle responce. Intake fit very well, the instructions were spot on. Putting on the rubber gasket around the sheild takes some time. Total install for me was about 45 mins in my driveway with basic tools. Tools you'll need a 10mm and a 14mm socket a flat head and philips head screw drivers plus some others just cant remember right now. Decent intake just unhappy with the open air box.
Its not the best photo but this is the K&N Installed

Volant review: Took the K&N out and changed to the Volant intake. Finish on the intake was very good. SOTP the intake had a little more power then the K&N and a good ammount over stock along with much better lower end when pulling hills with trailer. The install instructions left a lot be be desired. To install this intake right you need to remove the grill shell. Remove a plastic baffel that forces are into the side of the raditor. Also depending on your model might need to relocate or force move the horn a little. The tube is a little had to get to fit just right on both sides. Total install time is about an hour and a half to install with removing and reinstalling the grill. Tools: you need a 10mm and a 14mm socket a flat head and philips head screw drivers maybe some others too. So far very happy with it.
Installed

Edit: I also have a Magnaflow cat back exhaust system that might give slightly differnt SOTP mesurments than a stock exhaust

Barcin

so the K and N is a shortram intake, and the volant is a CAI correct? thats what it looks like, andy ways how much did the voalnt cost you, and u said the instruction with it werent to well?

BLWedge09

Administrator
Staff member
krh2 said:
Nismo. And I love it. Unfortunately when it comes time for smog I gotta put the stocker back in and it is a pain in the arse compared to the fronty. Fronty = 1/2 hour. Titan = 1 1/2 - 2 hours. :smt013
Dude..you're slow! :smt003

I could switch my aFe Stage II back to stock in about 30 minutes....but I have no need in Louisiana.

Anyway, if anybody is interested, FlowSource.net is a site sponsor over on TitanSpot and they are an aFe dealer. They don't list Fronty stuff on their website, but I'm sure they could get it at a good pice for anyone who is interested. Just go to the site ( http://www.flowsource.net) and send them an email to <!-- e --><a href="mailto:[email protected]][email protected][/url]<!-- e --> and make sure to mention this site as well as TitanSpot. I imagine they could get a drop in replacement as well as a full intake. aFe usually makes different stages of intakes for different price levels as well.

eisman

I've got the k&n 77 series. It's really shiny, easy install, loud at upper RPM range (sounds kinda ricey). It's been on my truck for about a year and a half now, it hasn't let me down.

No pics of it, sorry.

Newman

Im Airaid with AEM Dryflow.

Love it. But lost alot of low end.. So I somewhat solved that and copied some of volants closing in design and limited the air my intake sucked in.

Verdict:
Worked like a champ. Returned most of my lowend and off of reports seems to be pretty similar to a volant.

Shift_Avenger

If you have any of these parts or others please post pics and a review.

K&N 63 Series
63-6014 Product Specifications
Product Style: 63 Series Aircharger Kits
Estimated Horsepower Gain: 14.27 HP @ 5075 RPM
CARB Exempt: No

K&N 77 Series
77-6014KP Product Specifications
Product Style: 77 Series Kits
Estimated Horsepower Gain: 11.63 HP @ 5200 RPM
Color: Polished
CARB Exempt: See Application Link Below
CARB EO Number: D-269-31

Nismo CAI
This NISMO powder-coated heat shield helps position the air intake filter, away from the engine for cooler, denser air, for improved engine performance. Intake length and diameter tuned for maximum performance and designed on the dyno for real-time power gains throughout the range.
# Mandrel-bent 3.25" tubing maintains a consistent inside diameter, made from 601 aluminum. Soft-mounted to the body for optimal fitment, includes a reusable, 1-piece washable air filter. Powder-coated black finish with NISMO logo. Not for street use, this product does not carry any type of warranty. Benefits: Maximum gains of 10.5 hp and 9.5 lb-ft at the rear wheels
# Peak power gain of 8.5 with power gains across the entire rpm range
# Tested on Frontier V-6 VQ40DE engine (this is the same engine in the 2005+ Pathfinder and Xterra)
# Provides a more aggressive intake sound over stock system
**pic needed**

AEM Cold Air Intake - Brute Force - Polished
MFR#: 218504DP
AEM BRUTE FORCE AIR INDUCTION SYSTEM, POLISHED, DRY FLOW FILTER -- Engineered For Maximum Horsepower And Torque Development, Dyno Tested 5 To 12 % Increases, New Dry Flow Synthetic Filter Never Needs Oil, And Eliminates Vehicle Warranty Issues, 99.4% Flow Efficiency
**pic needed**

AFE Cold Air Intake - Magnum Force Stage 2
MFR#: 5410492
AFE MAGNUM FORCE STAGE 2 COLD AIR INTAKE SYSTEM -- Replaces OE Air Box, Filter And Factory Intake Tube, Gains Up To 50 Hp, Increases Ft/Lbs Of Torque, Improves Airflow Up To 75%, Fuel Efficiency And Throttle Response, Uses Factory Mounting Points, Easy Installation Guaranteed
**pic needed**

Injen Cold Air Intake - Polished and Black Aluminum
MFR#: PF1959P
INJEN POWER-FLOW INTAKE SYSTEM, WITH MR TECHNOLOGY, POLISHED -- A Fully Tuned Air Intake System That Features Patent Pending Mega Ram Technology, This Technology Regulates The Volume And Velocity Of The Charged Airflow By Using Variable, Calibrated Diameter Aluminum Tubes Resulting In Massive Performance Gains All While Maintaining The Factory Safe Air/Fuel Mixture, This Air Intake System Is Fine-Tuned For This Specific Application, Includes A Manufacturer's Limited Lifetime Warranty
**pic needed**

Volant Cold Air Intake

MFR#: 12640 and 12633
Cold Air Intake, With Box, Gain Up To 18 Horsepower And 40 Ft Lbs Of Torque, Improves Gas Mileage, Includes Volant Air Duct, Shield, Ram Filter, Silicone Connectors & Stainless Steel Clamps, Polished Aluminum Lid, C.A.R.B. Approved In 50 States, Installs In 20 Minutes Or Less
**pic needed**

mdawg4x4

Administrator
I want the NISMO to keep the NISMO aspect of my truck consistent. The hp gains should be correct, where the others do not state as tested on our application. Some may be correct, but others are max gains across the product line.