AFR tuning

Shift_Avenger

As far as we know there are none available yet for our trucks. The ECU reprogram as of right now has to be shipped to be done.

greybrick

Shift_Avenger said:
As far as we know there are none available yet for our trucks. The ECU reprogram as of right now has to be shipped to be done.
Thanks Avenger, that seems to be the common knowledge up to now for sure, but according to this thread about Consult-III at;

http://www.nissanclub.com/forums/new-20 ... iii-4.html

"6SPD_FTW
Registered User Join Date: May 2007

One option to the Consult-III is Augoenginuity. Go to autoenginuity.com and look through their stuff. The basic/generic package is $250 ($210 per ebay) and for an additional $100, you can purchase a Nissan-extended package that you can alter ignition timing, reset AFR, perform the idle-relearn, etc. There are all kinds of Nissan-specific tests you can perform on actuators. I think it has all the body and chassis failure codes. Seems to be a very solid little gadget. I think I'm definitely going to get one.

Not as extensive as Consult-III, but then again, nothing will be other than the C-III.

Late,
Trav"

Talking with a support tech at NissanConsult;

http://nissanconsult.spx.com/overview.aspx

He says that within factory specs a Nissan tech can use the C-III to reset any number of variables in the engine, timing, AFR, etc for performance or economy improvements.

The Augoenginuity site shows some interesting info for Nissan vehicles;

http://www.autoenginuity.com/Nissan-All ... -List.html

I could be wrong but my understanding of how the Zeitronix and other similar O2/AFR controlers work is that they don't modify the EMC so much as they allow the user to send a false O2 signal to the EMC allowing the AFR to either go lean or rich from stoich, but still within other vehicle parameters so that you don't melt the pistons. Most of these also have big warnings somewhere saying that these are for 'offroad use only' because if you got caught fooling around with the air quality coming out of your tail pipe you'd probably go to hell or something. :smt002

Shift_Avenger

IS like waht Stillen did to your truck and the little button to switch for tow or performance on your truck. I sets different parameters to maximize air to fuel ratio and timing to get or attain optimal performance.

Consult III is for Frontiers starting in 2008, is it retroactive? :smt017

greybrick

Shift_Avenger said:
IS like waht Stillen did to your truck and the little button to switch for tow or performance on your truck. I sets different parameters to maximize air to fuel ratio and timing to get or attain optimal performance.
Hmm, does the botton adjust the AFR parameters or just kick in and out the 7th fuel injector that Stillen installs with the super charger, and then the EMC optimizes everything else?

I dont know if the Consult III works for before 2008 Frontiers, talking with the Nissan Consult tech it works for the 2007 PF VQ40. If it is specific to the year of EMC maybe that could be changed to a newer one?

MOBEEBO

When I had my 2 degree advance done, the tech used the Consult II to "wipe" the history of my ecu so that it would completely relearn the variables. I asked if it was like disconnecting the battery and he said it should be more "thorough" the that. I don't know if it actually worked but it seems so. The truck runs much smoother and does not "rev" high when I start it like it used to.
:smt001