93-95 lightnings anyone?

Thejudge

just curious if anyone has encountered one yet.im trying to talk a friend of mine into racing his since its bone stock. i stuck side by side with a supercharged one at the drag strip so im just curious how close it would be with a stock one. I read up on them and the numbers are almost dead even with the curb weight being less than 500lbs apart.

WhistlerWzrd

I have always been curious about the Lightning, there was one in my area, but I talked to the owner, and he said it had been stolen, I only saw it twice after buying my truck in March of '05.
You say the numbers are within 500 pounds? that's within a full tank of gas and removing the spare tire
Should be an interesting post by anyone who gets face to face with one ( on the track of course, the Wzrd always observes the posted speed limit ;) )
WW

rdrfronty

The older lightnings(non SC) ran about 15.0 in the 1/4 stock. You should be fairly even with one. You may be a little slower mod for mod.

Thejudge

well i text him today and he said we can run em whenever.he was skeptical at first till i told him the curb weights were almost the same and horsepower rating was within 20 so now he's curious. my roomate has a 2002 model with slight mods (exhaust,tuner,and intake) that wants to race too.which is a waste of time on my part and his cause his truck will kill mine.im just going to do it to see how close i am.im pretty sure i will either be close or ahead of the 95 model.just wanting to see what i can do.

rdrfronty

Shiner did beat one in fact. I was at the track when he did. It was a very slow, newer style lightning. If I remeber correctly, it was running mid to upper 14's all evening. They should be running a good .5sec better than that though. Dont know if it was the truck or driver.

Thejudge

rdrfronty said:
Shiner did beat one in fact. I was at the track when he did. It was a very slow, newer style lightning. If I remeber correctly, it was running mid to upper 14's all evening. They should be running a good .5sec better than that though. Dont know if it was the truck or driver.
my roommates old one was a 2000 with just a pulley and tuner and he ran a low 14 in the 1/4.but his had a hard life.it was a rebuilt title truck and it was on its 2nd motor at just 54k miles if that tells ya anything.his new one is much quicker.