2008 4x4 Frontier known issues?

jayclev

I have a 2008 v6 4x4 Nissan Frontier, automatic, with 103,000 miles.   I haven't had any major problems yet, knock on wood, but I'm a little concerned due to some complaints I've heard on the internet.  The most common issue I've noticed is a coolant leaking causing contamination of the transmission fluid.  Is this a rare problem, less than 1% or common than that and something I should be more proactive about?  If I should be concerned about it, should I replace the radiator or some other fix?

There are no TSB or recalls from my dealer as far as I know.

Thanks for any comments.

mdawg4x4

Administrator
jayclev said:
I have a 2008 v6 4x4 Nissan Frontier, automatic, with 103,000 miles.   I haven't had any major problems yet, knock on wood, but I'm a little concerned due to some complaints I've heard on the internet.  The most common issue I've noticed is a coolant leaking causing contamination of the transmission fluid.  Is this a rare problem, less than 1% or common than that and something I should be more proactive about?  If I should be concerned about it, should I replace the radiator or some other fix?

There are no TSB or recalls from my dealer as far as I know.

Thanks for any comments.
I had my 2006 for ~120,000 miles before selling it last late 2016.  I never had any problems, but my truck came with a transmission cooler. I didn't get the trailer tow package and don't know if that was a part of the NISMO package or not, but it did have one on it from the factory. If yours does not use a transmission cooler separate from the radiator, I would have a reputable shop add one and bypass the radiator.