1/4 mile N/A Record Nissan Frontier 2005+

Sandiegan05fronty

New Member
Shiner, What mods did the Titan have? Honestly, I am set back on how he blew you away!
I expected him to get a jump on you, but expected to see you regain yourself towards the end.
 

shinermiller

New Member
heck no i wasnt going to gain anything back on that Tune T! Those titans were cutting 60' time faster than most of the 12-13 second cars. I do believe that was Kens 13.9 run. He blew me away since i was sleeping at the light.
 

rdrfronty

New Member
We all had alot of fun out there. The track was pretty slick though and was shut down over an hour with a spin out at the end of the track. The video shiner posted was my worst and last run. The track was too slick by then. Only got a 16.1 then, but it was sorta fun since I spun all through 1st, all of 2nd, spun into 3rd, spun into 4th. needless to say the spinning kinda hurt me. My run before that was my personal best. Still had big problems with spinning, but managed a 14.997 @ 92.42mph. My trap speed shows I'm putting out good power, I just cant hookup. So does my trap speed help me in the best 1/4 runs for 6 spd KC, 4 x 2?
 

Attachments

Shift_Avenger

Active Member
rdrfronty said:
We all had alot of fun out there. The track was pretty slick though and was shut down over an hour with a spin out at the end of the track. The video shiner posted was my worst and last run. The track was too slick by then. Only got a 16.1 then, but it was sorta fun since I spun all through 1st, all of 2nd, spun into 3rd, spun into 4th. needless to say the spinning kinda hurt me. My run before that was my personal best. Still had big problems with spinning, but managed a 14.997 @ 92.42mph. My trap speed shows I'm putting out good power, I just cant hookup. So does my trap speed help me in the best 1/4 runs for 6 spd KC, 4 x 2?
Close, but mastiff is still quicker
4X2 6 sp KC:
Mastiff 14.991 @ 91.091
 

rdrfronty

New Member
Shift_Avenger said:
Close, but mastiff is still quicker
4X2 6 sp KC:
Mastiff 14.991 @ 91.091
But my trap speed was MUCH better 92.42 vs 91.09 mph. Only 2nd to Shiners 93.1mph on his 14.50 run. As a side note, my race weight was about 4300lbs. I Didn't strip my truck to get the time unlike mastiff. Anyway, no big deal. I WILL be beating 14.99 soon enough. No worries.
 

shinermiller

New Member
rdrfronty said:
Shift_Avenger said:
Close, but mastiff is still quicker
4X2 6 sp KC:
Mastiff 14.991 @ 91.091
But my trap speed was MUCH better 92.42 vs 91.09 mph. Only 2nd to Shiners 93.1mph on his 14.50 run. As a side note, my race weight was about 4300lbs. I Didn't strip my truck to get the time unlike mastiff. Anyway, no big deal. I WILL be beating 14.99 soon enough. No worries.

that means you're making more power than mastiff was. you trap FAR better. Not too far behind my auto!! I remember you dyno'ing pretty damn good though the last i saw. My times are based upon my 60' though. Thats where I see the MOST gain. But.. my 9.233 1/8thmi time still means its dishing out plenty good amounts of tq. Its faster than most T's out there!! Another thing.. based on my track times, my 0-60mph was 5.84 seconds!!! thats wikid fast!

Hey Rodney, next time we're there, run that thing with the spare tire and tail gate and then try launching the same way. I imagine you'll be able to launch a whole hell of a lot harder after you've got some weight slung over the axle. Bc you and I both know you've got the best rims and tires to do it!!!
 

shinermiller

New Member
On a side note here........

Mastiff no longer owns a Frontier. Much less... He cant own a title to a fastest time.. when the truck sits in a salvage yard. So that Title to Mastiff is Null & Void. :D


KC 6sp 2wd Title goes to...... RDRFronty!!!
 

Shift_Avenger

Active Member
shinermiller said:
On a side note here........

Mastiff no longer owns a Frontier. Much less... He cant own a title to a fastest time.. when the truck sits in a salvage yard. So that Title to Mastiff is Null & Void. :D


KC 6sp 2wd Title goes to...... RDRFronty!!!

Did he wreck?? Wow, did not know about it.


RDR you should be faster that what your time said, you are probably getting some wheel spin. Get traction bars or helper leaf springs (inverted). You should be able to be mastiff then
 

shinermiller

New Member
Shift_Avenger said:
shinermiller said:
On a side note here........

Mastiff no longer owns a Frontier. Much less... He cant own a title to a fastest time.. when the truck sits in a salvage yard. So that Title to Mastiff is Null & Void. :D


KC 6sp 2wd Title goes to...... RDRFronty!!!

Did he wreck?? Wow, did not know about it.


RDR you should be faster that what your time said, you are probably getting some wheel spin. Get traction bars or helper leaf springs (inverted). You should be able to be mastiff then

Lets just say he had an Accident while driving. He no longer has the truck, the salvage yard does. Rodney is by far faster than a 14.997 but wheel spin and take off are killing him!! He needs a set of ShinerMiller Traction Bars
 

shinermiller

New Member
Hahaha! Thats his driving Experience at its finest. I guess karma is a dog, and ended up catching back up to him. But to me, that looks completely repairable. Looks equivalent to hitting a decent sized deer @ highway speed.

Sandi what did you search to find those?
 

shinermiller

New Member
It honestly didnt look that bad. Maybe some of the Accessories on the engine (alt, ps, a/c) might have been damaged but it looks relatively fine. As for the frame, its probably shot on the front end. But if he had the chance to buy the truck from the Insurance company, I would def do it. A couple weekends, some parts and a welder and that truck would be on the road again. Poor guy probably doesnt have the know how to pull it off though. I asked for the manual transmission, but he stubbornly declined. :(


:smt033

So I think Rodney deserves the new throne. Mastiff FAILS.
 

rdrfronty

New Member
Hey shiner, I don't want them to "GIVE" me the record, even though I think my 1.33mph trap-speed advantage more than makes up for his .006 time advantage. But it doesn't really matter. YOU know that SOON I will be surpassing his time. So look out everybody! THE 4 X 2, KC, 6-SPEED RECORD WILL BE GOING DOWN!!!!!! AND BEFORE THE END OF DECEMBER :smt023
 

Shift_Avenger

Active Member
rdrfronty said:
Hey shiner, I don't want them to "GIVE" me the record, even though I think my 1.33mph trap-speed advantage more than makes up for his .006 time advantage. But it doesn't really matter. YOU know that SOON I will be surpassing his time. So look out everybody! THE 4 X 2, KC, 6-SPEED RECORD WILL BE GOING DOWN!!!!!! AND BEFORE THE END OF DECEMBER :smt023

Cannot wait, make sure you take some video of your runs. Are you doing any mods to increase traction?
 
Top