Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Patrol #2
Well this came across ebay, located 4hrs away, lost it to Buy It Now, it re-listed today cause the initial bidder was a scammer from the UK, bought it outright before any bidders for less than "Buy It Now" price. Will pick it up Sunday!!!

I am excited and scared to death. I have never bought anything like this, not to mention being through ebay by photos and questions only.

1963 L60 Patrol, got a duo Eric!

Pics uploading to Photobucket!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

06 nismo CC 4X4: SOLD and replaced with 2017 Jeep Unlimited Rubicon; Teraflex 3" lift, 315/70-17 Cooper STT PRO tires on Fuel Trophy wheels, JCR bumpers front and rear w/Warn 9.5cti winch in front, Ace sliders, GraBars, Weathertech window deflectors and floor liners
98 Jeep Wrangler in the garage, 2" lift, 33X12.50 BFG MTs on 15X8 MT Classic Locks, Pioneer/MTX/RF P3 Sound, Borla Header w/Flowmaster
63 and 67 Nissan Patrols (under construction)
Here is the link:
http://s191.photobucket.com/albums/z199/...=slideshow
06 nismo CC 4X4: SOLD and replaced with 2017 Jeep Unlimited Rubicon; Teraflex 3" lift, 315/70-17 Cooper STT PRO tires on Fuel Trophy wheels, JCR bumpers front and rear w/Warn 9.5cti winch in front, Ace sliders, GraBars, Weathertech window deflectors and floor liners
98 Jeep Wrangler in the garage, 2" lift, 33X12.50 BFG MTs on 15X8 MT Classic Locks, Pioneer/MTX/RF P3 Sound, Borla Header w/Flowmaster
Nice. What are your plans? Resto, just fix it up?
2005 Electric Blue Custom Flaking Paint courtesy of Nissan.
Looks good enough for a resto, but we'll see after getting it home. I just imagine parts are hard to come by (engine and drive train parts mostly). Thought about a rest mod with a VQ40 swap. I am not in a hurry. I've been wanting a Patrol for several years, but wanted one in decent shape for an older vehicle. mThis one happens to be the same model year as myself, which makes it more interesting.
Not bad! Not bad at all! How much did you get it for? Pick it up? Does it run?
07 SE KC 4x4 6M M226 3.538 10"R/10"F Wheel Travel
Volant CAI
SuperChip Tuned
FlowMaster Delta 50 2.25" 2 in 1 out Y-Pipe
PRG Frontier Titan Swap 4" Lift In Front; 2.0 Radflos, SPC UCA
Shackle/Leaf/Bilstein - 3" Lift In Rear
Rock Sliders And Shrockworks Skid Plate Set

285/75/16 Goodyear Wranglers
I pick it up Sunday. A mississippi-mud.com member that has a 67 L60 Patrol, from AZ, found it on ebay. It happens to be ~ 4hrs from me. Before I could get pics and info, it was sold "Buy It Now" for $1500. Turned out the buyer was a scammer from the UK, so it went back on ebay today. I had told the seller to let me know if the deal fell through, and BAM, I had an e-mail from the seller when I got home. Anyway I got it for less than the "Buy It Now" price.

Does not run, but everything is there. The engine compartment is partially disassembled with the intent of restoration. Looks like wires and hoses have been disconnected.
Are you planning on re-painting it with the factory pattern or maybe black it out? 195
Volant CAI
SuperChip Tuned

Don't know yet. I am not in a hurry. I worked in a body shop for 9yrs before going to Engineering school. I always wanted a project of my own but have never had an opportunity to get something I wanted until now. I am going to evaluate what I have to work with. Part of me wants an original resto, but at the same time, I wouldn't mind a resto mod. I saw a Jeep project going olive drab. It was looking pretty good. We'll just have to see. My wife and I have talked about having something we can take to car shows, so I think all decisions will be mutual.

Cannot wait to get it home!
Since you already have an off-road vehicle to play with, i would restore it to its original spec...that souds like a good project. But restoring it to it's original look will be costly and time consuming...just to try and find the correct parts...uhg. good luck.
Volant CAI
SuperChip Tuned

Good thing is, I have a Patrol contact on another forum that actually found it. He new I had been wanting one. I believe I will go original. It will be a long term project. All I am interested in, short term, is getting it road worthy (drive train and brakes).
Very nice!!
[Image: 3gears.gif]06 CC 4X2 6sp Avalanche White NISMO SPORT[Image: drive.gif]
[Image: 43d20b1b.jpg]
Click on the picture for my Frontier thread
its not going completely original! you have to realize he does have me as a son! there will be a "mild" lift on it!
lets crawl yall!
NOAS member!
Awesome!! Congrats on finding one, it's not easy.

I love the Mack bulldog on the hood! 204 There's actually one sitting beside me on my desk.

Yours looks ALOT straighter than mine... should be a relatively easy (but time consuming of course) resto. I'm leading towards restoring mine to original, put also playing with the idea of dropping a turbo diesel in it.

Josh, you can achieve about a 4" lift by converting to SOA... here's a pic of it done:

[Image: IM003874.jpg]

I pick mine up on Saturday (realized Sunday is Mother's Day so had to do it a day earlier) 193
06 NISMO - 2" PRG spacer/deaver - Banks Power - Cooper STT's on Pathfinder wheels - PIAA's
06 Titan - 2" PRG spacer/blocks - Banks Power - Volant - 33" Toyos - Carriage works grille - Bully dog tuner
91 Hardbody SEV6 Auto 4x4. 95 frame. 2" suspension lift ARB springs Calmini UCA/shackles SwayAway T-bars. 2" body lift. Custom exhaust with magnaflow. 33x12.5R15 DC MC Tires on 15x10 Ultra 50/51 aluminum wheels. Custom bed, sliders, and bumpers coming soon!
66 Patrol.... it's orange...

I am sooooo jealous! 207
Very very cool! Can't wait to watch it come to life! 185
05 Nissan Frontier 4x4, Stillen SuperCharger, BFG AT's Tongue
mdawg4x4 Wrote:Don't know yet. I am not in a hurry. I worked in a body shop for 9yrs My wife and I have talked about having something we can take to car shows, so I think all decisions will be mutual.

Cannot wait to get it home!

Keep it original IMO... Show quality.
[Image: sigph.jpg]
Definitely keep it as original as possible. Original always brings more money to the table as well as more buyers when the time comes, if ever, to sell it. It will also make showing it easier and cheaper. If you start the mods it really escalates the cost and cubic dollars always win.

OkieScot
You gotta run it topless, they look so much better without a top I think.

BTW, I'm going to be emailing you a bunch of times once I get started on the resto. Be prepared for questions like "what does your _____ look like?" I want to know what original is supposed to be, because I already saw a handful of "farm fixes" that are definitely not stock 204
06 NISMO - 2" PRG spacer/deaver - Banks Power - Cooper STT's on Pathfinder wheels - PIAA's
06 Titan - 2" PRG spacer/blocks - Banks Power - Volant - 33" Toyos - Carriage works grille - Bully dog tuner
91 Hardbody SEV6 Auto 4x4. 95 frame. 2" suspension lift ARB springs Calmini UCA/shackles SwayAway T-bars. 2" body lift. Custom exhaust with magnaflow. 33x12.5R15 DC MC Tires on 15x10 Ultra 50/51 aluminum wheels. Custom bed, sliders, and bumpers coming soon!

eglaisi Wrote:You gotta run it topless, they look so much better without a top I think.

BTW, I'm going to be emailing you a bunch of times once I get started on the resto. Be prepared for questions like "what does your _____ look like?" I want to know what original is supposed to be, because I already saw a handful of "farm fixes" that are definitely not stock 204

So hard top is optional? WTF? Man, I envy you guys...
[Image: sigph.jpg]
eglaisi Wrote:You gotta run it topless, they look so much better without a top I think.

We'll team up on this venture. Look at this forum (Rocky Mountain Patrol & Offroad):
http://www.rmp-o.com/phpbb/index.php

67L60 posts over on MS-Mud pointed me to RMP-O. He is actually the one that found the 60 I bought.
Made it back home a little before 4pm this afternoon. I am amazed at the sheet metal on this thing. Very little rust, including the floor.

On the trailer
[Image: P5080002.jpg?t=1241921010]
[Image: P5080008.jpg?t=1241921181]

Somebody's Mack truck is missing a bulldog!
[Image: P5080003.jpg?t=1241921120]

Cleaned out
[Image: P5080015.jpg?t=1241921377]

The AC
[Image: P5080016.jpg?t=1241921429]

The fleet (Pathfinder is behind the Jeep in the garage)
[Image: P5080012.jpg?t=1241921284]
So, does this mean you are going to paint this one white too?
maroon bottom and white top! itll match the bulldog on the hood!

im excited about this project. this makes two solid axle nissans in the driveway, from two different centuries!
lets crawl yall!
NOAS member!
LilRedExpress Wrote:So, does this mean you are going to paint this one white too?

Haven't decided. This one appears to have been red and white originally. I like the dark green with white top also. Paint is a ways off.
White seems to fit your profile haha
Volant CAI
SuperChip Tuned

Man she's a beauty! Wanna trade? 204

Hmm, mines apparently missing some lights, mirrors, windsheild washer arm. But your is missing a winch 181 164

Picked mine up today as well. Only took a couple pics (will upload them once I find out where I put the camera!)

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  CA Peeps Craiglist Patrol mdawg4x4 4 4,046 05-09-2009, 10:59 PM
Last Post: Sandiegan05fronty
  Bought a Patrol today! eglaisi 18 13,689 04-30-2009, 09:18 AM
Last Post: eglaisi
  Stroll Patrol OkieScot 6 4,981 04-29-2009, 10:25 PM
Last Post: OkieScot