Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2012 pro4x stock speakers
I bought a 2012 Fronty, crewcab, pro4x a couple weeks ago...

It has the stock (I think) Rockford Fosgate 6 CD HU...
Planning on installing the HU (Alpine) out of my old 2000 Fronty
as it's only a few years old...

The stock speakers in the 2012 don't seem too bad...
Wondering if anyone knows what the stocks speakers are...

There are 2 small speakers on the dash next to each corner of the wind shield...
Speaker on each door...flashlight shining into the grill seems that it is a single cone...
And 2 speakers in the rear doors which sound worthless...

I have good bass so I'm thinking that the front door speakers are acting as
a sub...and most of the sound comes out of the dash speakers...

Can anyone advise me on the stock speakers...???

thanks all...
steve
I'm not sure about the RF stock speakers, but the non-RF stock speakers are 2ohm. So if you only replace 1 set, make sure they are 2ohm. Infinity Kappa speakers are the only 2ohm speakers available, that I know of. I replaced my HU with an Alpine (love it, but old technology, ~2007 I think...no blue tooth). Then I replaced my front speakers with Alpine 6 1/2" Type R components (4ohm), and learned they were over powered by the rear speakers (2ohm). I eventually replaced the rears with Alpine 6 1/2" Type R 3-way speakers. The factory speakers do a decent job with base, but lack the highs I'm used to. I do know the speakers with the RF system are single cone speakers.

My daughter has an Xterra with the base radio, while my wife has an Xterra with the RF system. Other than a little extra base, the sound isn't much different.
I replaced my daughter's HU with a Pioneer and added a RF 12" P3 sub and Alpine M500 amp. It sounds great but lacks the highs I have in my Frontier.

If you do have the RF system, there should be a small sub under the right rear seat.
06 nismo CC 4X4: SOLD and replaced with 2017 Jeep Unlimited Rubicon; Teraflex 3" lift, 315/70-17 Cooper STT PRO tires on Fuel Trophy wheels, JCR bumpers front and rear w/Warn 9.5cti winch in front, Ace sliders, GraBars, Weathertech window deflectors and floor liners
98 Jeep Wrangler in the garage, 2" lift, 33X12.50 BFG MTs on 15X8 MT Classic Locks, Pioneer/MTX/RF P3 Sound, Borla Header w/Flowmaster
63 and 67 Nissan Patrols (under construction)

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Auxillary Out on stock radio? For subs. superblack22 6 7,297 10-14-2010, 08:31 PM
Last Post: Terryb
  i went back to stock.... Shift This 19 15,297 11-08-2007, 06:56 PM
Last Post: stevet47